• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hattrick (Online Soccer Management Game)

Just picked up my new winger, Tyree Villarreal. Best soccer name ever (and he's American). 21, WC winger, Excellent passing, passable PM. Not cheap at 3.9 million, but factoring in his PM pop's, he should resell for about 3.5 million at 24-25.

Still scouring for my last guy, but even if I don't get him before the friendly tonight I'll get training for the top three guys as well as half training for two others. I'll probably just go ahead and play my top 5 guys tonight (the ones I'll be using at IM in the training) so they all get at least some training.

Also something important for new people to note is Sunday is the first training opportunity of the week. Sometimes I'd forget if I had to switch things around and would say "oh well I missed Wednesday I'll just get him training this week on Sunday" and at that point it didn't matter. Maybe that was just a me thing though.

Training happens Thursday for players who played either the previous Wednesday or Sunday, right?

Training happens Thursday for players who played either the previous Wednesday or Sunday, right?

Yep. Sometime Thursday night the training update goes through for the past Wednesday and Sunday.

For example, the winger I bought today will play tonight in my cup game and benefit from this week's training, but will also start on Sunday in my league game and that will count for next week.

Yep. Sometime Thursday night the training update goes through for the past Wednesday and Sunday.

For example, the winger I bought today will play tonight in my cup game and benefit from this week's training, but will also start on Sunday in my league game and that will count for next week.

Cool - that was my plan as well for the guys I bought the last couple days (who are generally better than the guys that played this past Sunday). thanks.

Where is that link that someone posted about what secondary skills count most for what position? I didn't see it skimming back through. I know it's in here.

Passing is secondary for IM training...I was looking for it earlier but couldn't find it either.

Like I said earlier though I focused on guys with (comparatively for an beginner trainee) defense and winger

Just made my last signing. I'll work on putting down my 10 players and reasoning behind taking each of them.

Since there's only one week of training for me this week, I'll rank my players 1-10 (IMO) and then play the top 5 so they get the week of training. I'll then get into my normal rotation starting on Sunday where the top 3 play the IM spot on Sundays, the next 3 play the IM spot on Wednesdays, the 7th and 8th play the wings on Sundays, and the worst two play the wing on Wednesdays.

I was in the midst of doing some research on how to best use the 9th and 10th training spots for PM trainers since they get the least experience (playing in friendlies), and only half the training (playing the wing), and will try to pick that back up once I get other things settled. There were definitely some different options to use this slot for (including getting PM boosts for other players who were potentially close to popping, but this is an entirely different post).

I need to buy some PM trainees

HTTD is going to be a great source for you here, but I can also help a little. I was in my third cycle of training PM's when I stopped before. I definitely had a lot of research done on this topic and will try to remember everything.

HTTD is going to be a great source for you here, but I can also help a little. I was in my third cycle of training PM's when I stopped before. I definitely had a lot of research done on this topic and will try to remember everything.

Yeah I currently have an extra-terrestrial PM and 2 titanics that I start. My supernatural trainee with excellent Passing will sell on Saturday. I have another trainee that I will keep training so I have 2 spots open.

How much money are you going to be able to spend per trainee? Obviously it is also dependent upon how much your SN/E goes for though.

Just want to be sure about something regarding my defensive training -

All 5 defensive spots get the same amount, right? So then the only difference is going to be the amount of experience in a Sunday league match vs a Wednesday friendly?

Starting next week (this week is weird since I was picking up my trainees), I want to play my 5 "best" guys on Sundays and the 2nd 5 on Wednesdays, correct? Does CD vs WB make any difference?

All 5 defensive spots get the same amount, right? So then the only difference is going to be the amount of experience in a Sunday league match vs a Wednesday friendly?

Starting next week (this week is weird since I was picking up my trainees), I want to play my 5 "best" guys on Sundays and the 2nd 5 on Wednesdays, correct? Does CD vs WB make any difference?

My understanding is that both CDs and WBs get full training with defending.

All spots the same

I'm really debating buying a young 20 year old defender and then training him up in PM for 3 seasons then replacing a starter with him. Head speciality of course.

So, of my best 5 guys, the two with the best wing skill should play the wings (not for training purposes, but just to give myself the best chance of winning - which isn't the main purpose, but it's fun when it doesn't cost anything)

So, of my best 5 guys, the two with the best wing skill should play the wings (not for training purposes, but just to give myself the best chance of winning - which isn't the main purpose, but it's fun when it doesn't cost anything)

Yes

My PM training approach (*will have to tweak when I get to III):

- Buy 19yo Brilliant PM with at least Solid passing for IM trainees
- Sell as 21yo Supernatural PM
- Use two dominant wingers as starters with at least weak PM. Over the course of a few seasons, they'll pop about twice and still appreciate so that I make a profit when I sell them to upgrade the position
- Use the last two winger spots in friendlies/cup for skill trading -- find players within 2-4 weeks of popping either at formidable or outstanding. Usually clear 200-300k every 2-4 weeks for each position. Very profitable use of 2 1/2 training spots.

Back