• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Have you pulled for the other team this year?

Pull for the opposing team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teamramrod

Reaction score
I find myself doing it when we are down 15-20 points. Depends on the game though. Still want our players to do well, just hate buzzy

What say you?

Pull for the long-term stability of the program?

I'm with you. As soon as I know we're going to lose by double digits, might as well make it 30. Such a terrible feeling.

Not from the tip. Once the game is out of reach (generally the second TV timeout), part of me hopes for a massive blowout. I'm not proud of it.

I'm with you. As soon as I know we're going to lose by double digits, might as well make it 30. Such a terrible feeling.

Its like watching a train wreck, as soon as you know its going to happen you can't look away

Only games I haven't are Duke and UNC. With those out of the way, I'm all-in for the other team.

I do not even feel bad about doing it anymore.

I definitely could never do it against UNC, Duke, or State, but from now on.... fuck it.

Whatever it takes to get this assclown gone ASAP.

FOLLOW ME! FOLLOW ME TO FREEDOM!

i-51373bc97fb9a3241a1d974020f9cca3-TISC_Steinerr.jpg

Nope; not sure I'll ever be able to. Doesn't seem to me that wins and losses much matter to Wellman anymore, regardless. Can't blame those that do, however.

Not from the tip. Once the game is out of reach (generally the second TV timeout), part of me hopes for a massive blowout. I'm not proud of it.
Same for me.

I hope we win out of conditioning; think Pavlov's dog. You say "wake has a game" and I automatically think, "I hope we win". Doesn't take long though to pull for the other team to blow us out.

I didn't watch or even follow the second half tonight, and when I saw the final margin was only 25, I was disappointed. Not sure that counts as actively pulling for the other team, but it's where I am.

Well there's definitely a difference for me. I have yet to actively pull against Wake players (with the exception of trying to get Chase to foul out of every game so buzz had his hand forced).

I do pull for the other teams when it gets out of hand though, just so there are no "back-door covers" of sorts that lead to moral victories

Well there's definitely a difference for me. I have yet to actively pull against Wake players (with the exception of trying to get Chase to foul out of every game so buzz had his hand forced).

I do pull for the other teams when it gets out of hand though, just so there are no "back-door covers" of sorts that lead to moral victories

This is pretty much the route I'm taking from now on. Wake Forest players #In. #BuzzOut

The players (apart from CJ, so sorry CJ) all benefit in the long run by Wake losing every game the rest of this year by terrible margins. If they can get a real coach then McKie gets at least one year of having fun while playing the sport he loves, and the freshman can truly develop and realize their potential.

But again, I do feel sorry for CJ. He deserves better than this and has behaved exceptionally throughout all this nonsensical bullshit that Wellman has put him through since his freshman year.

I want us to win, but I don't feel bad when we lose (even when we lose to Duke, which would have been incomprehensible to me not that long ago).

Bzzoutfreude: The feeling of satisfaction or pleasure from [Redacted]'s misfortune. We've all felt at least a bit of it.

I want us to win, but I don't feel bad when we lose (even when we lose to Duke, which would have been incomprehensible to me not that long ago).

This. Two years ago, a loss to Duke or UNC ruined my whole night and probably my next day. Now, I don't even think about it after I turn the channel.

Don't cheer for the other team to win but I'm not in the least bit disappointed when we lose.

You guys are really hoping the other team wins. You just haven't admitted it to yourselves yet. I understand. I used to be there.

Tonight was honestly the first night I didn't care how many points we were losing by after we were down by 10+, and anybody that knows me knows how much I utterly despise everything that has to do with the University of North Carolina.

Tonight was honestly the first night I didn't care how many points we were losing by after we were down by 10+, and anybody that knows me knows how much I utterly despise everything that has to do with the University of North Carolina.

5847383_ori.jpg

Back