• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Have you pulled for the other team this year?

Pull for the opposing team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not even going to bother to negrep you sad people anymore. I don't know how you do it.

Also, pulling against the team is​ pulling against the players, whether you'd like to admit that or not.

No and probably never. I just cant stand the thought of actively rooting for a team playing MSD

But I am also not upset when we lose. I think that is a defining difference in this matter. I can root for Wake without being so invested that I am pissed when we lose

I'm scared that one marquee win is all that is needed to keep him here. I'm even more scared the lack of any more wins means he still may be here.

I'm not even going to bother to negrep you sad people anymore. I don't know how you do it.

Also, pulling against the team is​ pulling against the players, whether you'd like to admit that or not.

ah come on man - this fucking team is pitiful. the faster we get RW/BZ out, the faster we can rebuild.

ah come on man - this fucking team is pitiful. the faster we get RW/BZ out, the faster we can rebuild.

Don't mess with super fan #1!

He is such a better fan than all of us. Combined. Just ask him.

Don't mess with super fan #1!

He is such a better fan than all of us. Combined. Just ask him.

Because he recognizes that the other team winning is exactly the reason everyone wants [Redacted] gone? [Redacted] doesn't win- so fire him. So you hope... the other team wins? Something doesn't add up- and pulling for your team hardly makes you a "super fan."

I don't root against us, but I also don't really care about the result and am tired of watching terrible basketball. I watch out of morbid curiosity, wondering if we'll ever guard an opposing team. But it's always another game, another opposing team we don't guard. 52% last night, and UNC, like MD, got everything it wanted on the offensive end.

It is funny to me that there are fans out there who are outraged at another fan for pulling against Wake. You should try directing some of your condemnation toward someone who actually makes decisions detrimental to our program.

Oh, voted yes. Buzz out. Wellman out.

It is funny to me that there are fans out there who are outraged at another fan for pulling against Wake. You should try directing some of your condemnation toward someone who actually makes decisions detrimental to our program.

So in your world it's not possible to do both? Kind of myopic, eh?

No I think you can do both. But as many of these posts show most of us that say we pull against our team already know we have no chance of winning. So better to lose big and move past this more quickly. And really, what good did beating State do this year? It doesn't make a damn bit of difference, and if a win like that contributes to a Buzz extension then hell yes I pull for a loss.

There are people who are just appalled that anyone would hold this view and I'm just saying let it go and focus on the people who are not just "pulling" for losses but making the decisions that cause them.

Last edited:
I get that. And believe me, I would gladly trade Wake winning anything to find out that I- or anyone here- actually had the power to affect the outcome of a game simply by "pulling" or "rooting." But if [Redacted] came in here and immediately started winning and making post-season runs, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Once the losing starts, everything becomes fair game- his quirkiness, oddball behavior, poor communication, even the way he dresses which I couldn't even begin to give a shit about. But it starts with winning or losing. So losing is what gets us all upset. Repeated losing combined with the peripheral stuff has created a lynch mob. But at the end of the day, we're pissed about losing so... we pull for a loss?

I think we all want a winning program that is relevant. Winning a random game here and there means shit. After we beat State Buzz came out and talked about how happy he was for the team blah blah blah and alot of people chimed in with the same. That is an absolutely pitiful loser attitude. We are completely irrelevant and the State game meant absolutely nothing, except that it will probably be their worst loss of the year. I felt no pride or happiness over it. It comes down to knowing without doubt that Buzz is a loser and we will never be a contender while he is here.

The only other thing I can say is it is sort of like when you get kicked in the nuts really hard, it hurts so bad that it makes you laugh and cry all at the same time. That is how I feel when I watch us lose by three touchdowns over and over again. (Laughing mitigates the pain.)

Whoever said that they don't pull for a loss but aren't upset when we lose anymore pretty much summed up my feelings.

I always pull for WFU, but when we lose, it doesn't ruin my night anymore and I know the silver lining is that it (hopefully) puts Bz one step closer to the door.

Burn the village to save it. I wanted us to lose by 40 last night. The worse it gets in the short term, the sooner we can get to a new coach. Of course if Wellman is doing the hiring....

The players (apart from CJ, so sorry CJ) all benefit in the long run by Wake losing every game the rest of this year by terrible margins. If they can get a real coach then McKie gets at least one year of having fun while playing the sport he loves, and the freshman can truly develop and realize their potential.

But again, I do feel sorry for CJ. He deserves better than this and has behaved exceptionally throughout all this nonsensical bullshit that Wellman has put him through since his freshman year.

I have thought about him a lot this season and feel bad for him. He had to think he was coming into a pretty good situation when he was recruited.. His senior year of high school we reached a ranking of #1 and made the NCAA tournament. His freshmen year, made the NCAA's, lost in the 2nd round. I doubt he anticipated his next 3 years would be some of the worst in the history of the program.

I can't say that I have pulled for the other team but when we lose I barely care anymore. No loss to any team surprises me.

I pull for us to win but, when losing is inevitable, I root for the other team to pile it on. Fuck bzzzz and his moral victories.

just want to point out it is now 50 yes 50 no

And some have told me in PMs that they hope we lose, but they don't want to say it on here.

Luckily, I've been blessed with the ability to not care what most people think about me. Fun!

Back