• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Have you pulled for the other team this year?

Pull for the opposing team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cheer against us no.

Find silver lining in the blowouts, for sure.

I've become largely ambivalent towards the results and find myself laughing when we get blown out in every single road game. I'm long past being shocked, angry, or annoyed at it. But I still hope we pull an upset going in, even if I know it's not likely to happen.

To be sure I understand, is the case being made that margin of defeat will influence the speed of Buzz's departure, as opposed to simply winning vs. losing?

I cheered for 100pts to be put on the board last night....Would have happened had Roy not taken his foot off the throttle with 9 mins remaining. ACC coaches are smart, lessen the margin of victory, make it look like Bz puts fighters on the floor and maybe Bz will stick around for 5 or 6 years. They know an easy W when they see it and opposing coaches don't want to let that go!

I watch the games until I get the feeling that they're getting out of hand. Last night that for me was around the 12 minute mark of the first half.

I look back when I think the game is over hoping for a win first, a blowout loss second, and a close loss a distant third.

He needed a man who would promise no excuses, then make talk about tough academics on Tuesdays; a man who promised not throw his players under the bus, then respond, "I don't know, ask them."; a man who preached about culture while forcing several kids out of the program. He needed a man who take his team to opposing venues and never win.

So God made a [Redacted].

The men who run this program are businessmen. They see the empty seats, the losses, the lack of ability to score out of the 60's.... that's enough. To cheer for the opposition is sac-religious. Shame on you.

Whoever said that they don't pull for a loss but aren't upset when we lose anymore pretty much summed up my feelings.

I always pull for WFU, but when we lose, it doesn't ruin my night anymore and I know the silver lining is that it (hopefully) puts Bz one step closer to the door.

This.

The men who run this program are businessmen. They see the empty seats, the losses, the lack of ability to score out of the 60's.... that's enough. To cheer for the opposition is sac-religious. Shame on you.

Your indignation is cutting right to the bone.

I did one of those games we were playing someone with a kenpom of like 8,000 and it was a tight game that we almost lost.

To me, and this is just my opinion so obviously feel free to disagree, there is a difference between going into the game hoping that Wake gets blown out and pulling for Wake until it is quite obvious that they lack the talent level, passion and skill to close the deficit and becoming ambivalent at that point.

I will still go to all the home games and watch the road games in totality, but I'd be lying if I didn't say there was a part of me last night that wanted UNC to absolutely pour it on us and embarrass us into a mind-bogglingly horrible loss.

Perhaps I'm rationalizing to make myself feel better about it, but I don't there is any right or wrong outlook to this situation.

I feel like I'm rooting for my team to tank in order to move up in the draft, which is how I rationalize I'm not really rooting against Wake. I see wins as buying short term gains that cost us long term futility. I think this season has to be so bad that it takes down Wellman in order for [Redacted] to get fired, which is why I find myself hoping for blowouts.

Yes, but as others have already said, NEVER from the tip. If during the game it becomes obvious we're going to lose by a comfortable margin, I've found myself hoping that the other team goes ahead and executes a finishing move on us Mortal Kombat-style to put as much pressure on Bz as possible.

Not proud of it, but can't deny it.

I want Buzz to look inept as possible, but I also don't want our players feeling embarrassed by getting blown out every game. Tough predicament.

I want Buzz to look inept as possible, but I also don't want our players feeling embarrassed by getting blown out every game. Tough predicament.

I agree with you, but when the players put forth the pitiful amount of effort they did last night, they kind of bring that embarrassment on themselves.

For the betterment of the team, the program, the school, and us the fans, this team needs to have the snot beat out of them in every remaining game. Any signs of improvement (like close loses to Dook) is nothing but more foundation for RW to use defending the Assclown. You want Bz out? You want Wake to lose. No other way it'll happen.

For the betterment of the team, the program, the school, and us the fans, this team needs to have the snot beat out of them in every remaining game. Any signs of improvement (like close loses to Dook) is nothing but more foundation for RW to use defending the Assclown. You want Bz out? You want Wake to lose. No other way it'll happen.

Practical and ruthless.

My kind of viewpoint.

Back