• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HBO to be available w/o cable subscription in 2015

HBO chairman and CEO Richard Plepler made the announcement during a Time Warner investors conference

lol. I'm sure the investors loved to hear that

ETA: interpreted that as TWC investors conference. that would have been funny

Last edited:
I'm definitely doing this. We've been discussing getting rid of satellite for a while now.

Fine, throw your brother a few dollars each month if it makes you feel better. It's not in your name, but who gives a shit? Everybody shares streaming info, that's why Netflix Instant asks you "who is watching?" every time you log in. It's one thing if it only allows one person to watch at a time, like NFL Sunday Ticket apparently does, but WatchESPN does not

Sure, if you like low quality streams. May as well go back to your tube tvs while you're at it.

Sure, if you like low quality streams. May as well go back to your tube tvs while you're at it.

Exactly. I find it so odd that this doesn't bother more people. If a game isn't on TV it's a great option, and the streaming technology is far better than it used to be - but it's still a giant step down quality-wise.

Most shit that's not on TV isn't worth watching in the first place.

You serious, Clark?

WatchESPN is in near-HD when I watch it on Chromecast or Roku. Much better than SD, and almost indistinguishable from HD when sitting on the couch. Either your router sucks or you're not doing it right.

Back