• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HBO to be available w/o cable subscription in 2015

What are the people that have cut off the TV chord paying for internet service at their house? I have found when trying to break apart the pieces you wind up with the same amount you started from unless you have not gotten around to negotiating a new fee with TWC or U-verse or the like in the last two years. By the time you add back in all the add ons , and iTunes paid prices, you seem to be back to the ball park you started from. I will pay $25 to thirty bucks a month to not have to search and stream.

What are the people that have cut off the TV chord paying for internet service at their house? I have found when trying to break apart the pieces you wind up with the same amount you started from unless you have not gotten around to negotiating a new fee with TWC or U-verse or the like in the last two years. By the time you add back in all the add ons , and iTunes paid prices, you seem to be back to the ball park you started from. I will pay $25 to thirty bucks a month to not have to search and stream.

Probably paying around $40 for internet. Add in another $20 or so a month for streaming services and individuals episodes of some shows plus another $30 for basic cable, and I am still probably $80ish under where I was with TWC when I rolled back. I also get much better content with Hulu+, Amazon Prime, and Netflix than I ever really did with Cable - even though I would likely get Amazon Prime for the shipping and Netflix for the content anyway.

Last edited:
$47/mo total

$31/mo for U-Verse 18Mbps
$8/mo for Hulu+
$8/mo for Amazon Prime

Borrow Netflix, ESPN

Re: "to not have to search and stream" -- on the contrary, Roku (maybe AppleTV too) allows you to type in a show name and it will search all providers for you so you can jump right to it, and my $8/mo Hulu+ account doesn't require the effort you expend to schedule and rummage through recordings on your $10/month DVR

Back