• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

Yeah, that is a bummer.

If you don't have Naxx, the time is now. I'm also considering using gold on a bunch of GvG packs to fill it out more before it becomes dust-only.

Last edited:
yeah i just told my coworker who is new to the game and F2P to start grinding gold for Naxx.

Thankfully GvG is my most complete collection. I'm missing Hemet, Gazlowe and 1 each of junkbot, bouncing blade and crush.

Have they said whether tournaments will move to standard?

RIP Dr. Boom.

random effects will only summon cards from the format you are playing.

I can't wait for 18 deck slots. I'm tired of having 1 deck slot for [INSERT EVERYTHING ELSE].

Secret Paladin
Aggro Paladin
Murloc Paladin
Mid-Range Paladin
Control Paladin
Eboladin
Dragon Paladin
Reno Paladin

8802.png

Yeah, that is a bummer.

If you don't have Naxx, the time is now. I'm also considering using gold on a bunch of GvG packs to fill it out more before it becomes dust-only.

If you buy the first wing of an expansion before it leaves the store, you will be able to complete the remaining wings.

Have they said whether tournaments will move to standard?

RIP Dr. Boom.

Will all official Blizzard esports events be played in Standard format?
Yes. Standard is the official format of the Hearthstone Championship Tour and the Hearthstone World Championship in 2016.

cool.

If you're hurting for dust:

Naxx cards of note
Avenge
Chow
Nerubian Egg
Haunted Creeper
Mad Scientist (freeze mage nerf?)
Shade
Deathlord
Duplicate
Dark Cultist
Death's Bite (all kinds of warriors nerfed)
Voidcaller
Loatheb (lose an important tech against combos)
Belcher
Kel Thuzad

This is how current meta decks will be affected with the Standard format, all based off the TempoStormTM MetaSnapshot®

Tier 1
Mid Druid

-2 Shade of Naxxramas
-2 Piloted Shredder
-1 Loatheb
-1 Dr. Boom

Secret Paladin

-2 Avenge
-2 Haunted Creeper
-2 Shielded Minibot
-1 Coghammer
-2 Muster for Battle
-2 Piloted Shredder
-1 Loatheb
-1 Sludge Belcher
-1 Dr. Boom

Zoolock

-2 Haunted Creeper
-2 Nerubian Egg
-2 Imp'losion
-1 Loatheb

Tempo Mage

-2 Flamecannon
-2 Esportal
-2 Mad Scientist
-1 Duplicate
-2 Shredder
-1 Loatheb
-1 Dr. Boom

Hearthstone Reddit has an ass-ton of good stuff right now.

GvG cards of note:
Clockwork Gnome
Unstable portal
crackle
darkbomb
flamecannon
Annoy-o-tron
mechwarper
Shielded Minibot
Snowchugger
Coghammer
muster for battle
Velens
tinkertown technician
Echo of Medivh
Imp-losion
Goblin Blastmage
Kezan Mystic
Sharpsword Oil (RIP Oil Rogue)
Shredder
Vol'jin
Healbot
Lightbomb
Piloted Sky Golem
Shieldmaiden
Dr. Boom
Sneeds
Mal'ganis

If I go on a pack buying spree, it's for these:

Vol'jin
Piloted Sky Golem
Sneeds
Mal'ganis

I think I have everything else. But the more I read, the more I realize that 'Wild' is going to become an after-thought to Standard...so maybe I'll save my coins for the next set?

Seems very interesting. I'm excited to see all the changes. At first glance, priest will get hit pretty hard. Chows gone, deathlords gone, vol'jin gone, lightbomb gone, velen's chosen gone. I mean what is priest gonna do unless there's a lightbomb equivalent?

Last edited:
In case you were wondering: Cards awarded as Arena rewards will be Standard only.

It will be an interesting decision on whether to:

A) use gold to buy TgT packs for which I now only have 1 year before packs become unavailable in store.
B) save gold for new expansion packs for which I will have 2 years to buy but will want as many as possible as quickly as possible to play in new standard format.

Okay, I've decided I'm not going to completely ignore GvG. I'm going to buy one GvG pack at a time until I hit a Legendary (up to ten packs). Hopefully, my pity timer is close to going off!

Pack 1: A bunch of dust (including a dusted Golden Rare)
Pack 2: 40 dust
Pack 3: 40 dust
Pack 4: 20 dust and a new card (second copy of Cobalt Guardian)
Pack 5: 40 dust
Pack 6: 40 dust (random aside: I just opened my fourth Scarlet Purifier in 6 packs. Blech.)
Pack 7: 40 dust
Pack 8: A bunch of dust (including a dusted Golden Common & my fifth Scarlet Purifier) and a new card (second copy of Target Dummy)
Pack 9: A bunch of dust (you've got to be fucking kidding me...a 6th Scarlet Purifier) and a new EPIC card (second copy of Lightbomb)
Pack 10: 40 dust

Summary: Only three new cards, all second copies, and one Epic. fuuuu

I'm 1,000 coins lighter but over 3,800 dust so I can at least craft a couple Legendaries from the new set.

I dropped 1000 gold too but on TGT. first copy of Dark Bargain (epic), second copy of Grand Crusader (epic & gold). No other new cards. Its really weird that i've never opened a master jouster. only 2 rares cards in the game that im missing.

According to the spreadsheet Knight sent around, i need ~111 TGT packs to complete that set and ~46 to complete classic.

What is the timeframe for these new changes?

Apologies if it's been pointed out already.

Back