• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

My gameplay as of late is to use rush decks early (mech mage, shaman) to climb ladder early, secret paladin/mid-range druid/control warrior for most of the month, and then back to rush later on in the month for final push.

I avoid the ladder at all costs at the beginning (way too random) and end of the month (almost entirely rush decks). That's when I get good arena time in. I use the middle of the month to hit at least 10.

So this is really cool. Red Bull is sponsoring a sealed team tournament!

There are four teams of three, and each team gets to open:

15 Basic Packs
10 Classic
5 Naxx
10 GvG
5 BRM
10 TGT
8 LoE

Simulate a draft here! (it's a little slow to open)

From that, they have to make three unique decks (a card can only be used one by a team). This is awesome.

Just simulated a draft and only opened two Legendaries: Illidan & Gormak.

After you draft, you can also build decks. It's such cool software.

Just simulated a draft and only opened two Legendaries: Illidan & Gormak.

After you draft, you can also build decks. It's such cool software.

lol, i got 8.

Sir Finley
Malorne
Flame Leviathon
Tinkmaster
Confessor Paletress
Acidmaw
Mogor the Ogre
Hemet

that is pretty insane variance, from 2 to 8 opening same amount of packs.

Simulate a draft here! (it's a little slow to open)

This is what I got and put together:

kosAGAS.jpg

Firebat left his pro team. Some speculation that maybe he wasn't getting paid. Whenever I watch him stream he talks about how he could do something else. I always kind of thought he might leave the scene. After watching his blizzcon win, that kind of influenced me to play more.

Where are we in the Shaman draft? I want to see this deck go the distance.

I drafted one of the worst Shaman decks, ever, last night. I had TEN four drops. One game, my opening hand was Coin, 4, 4, 6, 6, 6 drops. Somehow, I stumbled to a 4-3 finish and almost got a 5th win, but TWO well-timed Keepers of Uldaman (fuck that card in Arena) turned the game around.

Where are we in the Shaman draft? I want to see this deck go the distance.

I drafted one of the worst Shaman decks, ever, last night. I had TEN four drops. One game, my opening hand was Coin, 4, 4, 6, 6, 6 drops. Somehow, I stumbled to a 4-3 finish and almost got a 5th win, but TWO well-timed Keepers of Uldaman (fuck that card in Arena) turned the game around.

Sorry, basically got sick of doing the image uploads and straw polls. can we just do a lightning round and i write the three choices? Or should i suck it up and keep doing the pics/polls?

Also, its on EU server, so will need people to finish tutorial before we play it.

Just discussing it sans pics/poll is fine.

I've already got an EU account (and a 12 win Priest arena run) ready to go!

I really wish Nexus Champion Saraad was a more viable card. Anyone made it fit in a semi-competitive deck? I know I've seen it in fatigue warrior but excuse me if i don't want to grind ladder with fatigue warrior.

Wow. They've got a lot cooking, and it's mostly all positive. The new 'Standard' format is very similar to what they do in MTG. Also,

"The arrival of Standard format will also be an excellent time for us to take stock of Hearthstone. While normally we’re quite conservative about making balance changes to Hearthstone cards (and we’ll continue to be in the future), we’re planning to take the new Hearthstone year as a golden opportunity to re-evaluate a number of cards in the Basic and Classic card sets, including class cards, and make some long-considered adjustments."

"If you’ve unlocked all nine heroes, you’ll also unlock nine more deck slots, raising your total number of deck slots to eighteen."

Back