• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

and if I need the Ancient of Lore something is seriously wrong (either for life or card draw).

I am far from the Druid expert, but isn't AoL the third most important card in the deck behind Force of Nature & Savage Roar?

You use it to draw (two cards!) into combo, while simultaneously contesting the board and hopefully chipping away at your opponent's life. It's an amazing card.

I know this is crazy, but I run 2 Raptors over the 2 Ancient of Lores. I find that the 7 drop is just too competitive, and if I need the Ancient of Lore something is seriously wrong (either for life or card draw).

I'm also considering dropping the BGH. He's just not necessary in the meta right now (or for the deck to succeed). I'm thinking of swapping him with an Owl to prevent a large late-game taunt from fucking up the combo.

If you aren't playing ancient of lores, might as well play aggro druid with fel reavers and ancient shades.

I am far from the Druid expert, but isn't AoL the third most important card in the deck behind Force of Nature & Savage Roar?

You use it to draw (two cards!) into combo, while simultaneously contesting the board and hopefully chipping away at your opponent's life. It's an amazing card.

not to mention the dream turn 2 coin, double innervate, lore.

the biggest downside to dropping the aspirant is the tempo mage matchup. I fucking hate having to drop a druid of claw into mirror entity.

I loathe "the combo." If you're playing a control deck (which I play a lot of) if you don't have a well-timed taunt or loatheb or develop your board well enough to clear guys you're just toast. You have to get the right balance of early board presence (and knowing when to start healing your face instead of playing another minion in the case of priest) or it's over. Not to mention the occasions where the game goes 13 or 14 turns and druid hits on the additional innervate for 2x savage roar combo with FoN. My take on it is the force of nature + savage roar would be fine if it didn't also boost ALL characters. It wouldn't be a huge tweak but just changing it to "all minions" would make me much happier and still keep the basic efficacy of the combo. Someone may correct me on all of this though if they disagree haha.

This poor Paladin decided to hit my face instead of making favorable trades. He got me down to 5 health, oh no!

Hearthstone%20Screenshot%2001-25-16%2021.18.37_zpszbqg6tkp.png

Suck on that, Uther.

Hearthstone%20Screenshot%2001-25-16%2021.19.19_zpsbzhbhjz3.png

That improved my record to 7-1 & got my Druid to level 50 #InfiniteArena #GoldenIronbark

owook was watching me last night to get a card pack and I made some horrible moves with a control priest v. two dread stead warlocks. The second game I had in control but took too long trying to figure out the right play (had 9 cards and so many combinations - plus the board was almost entirely full) and he got Jaraxxus out. They took forever to play.

I was at full stars at 4 on Sunday and then think i dropped to 1 star at 4. Last night I just couldn't muster the energy to log on and grind. Maybe I need to play another tier 1 deck other than secret pally to keep things fresh.

so ive been saving gold in an effort to have a ton for next expansion. Was up to 1195. decided to buy just 5 packs. Opened a golden justicar. and a gormok the impaler. Plus a mysterious challenger. THE VALUE.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jan/28/my-dream-to-become-pro-gamer-ended-in-utter-failure

But I wasn’t going to let my quest to be a pro gamer be deterred by a little thing like not being very good at Hearthstone. And I was buoyed in that decision after I spoke to Andrey Yanyuk, better known as Reynad, one of the most successful professional Hearthstone players. “Hearthstone’s just a very low skill-cap game,” he told me. “If … you’re playing several hours a day, you’re pretty much gonna be at the same skill level as most people playing the game at a professional level. It’s very easy to hit that skill ceiling in Hearthstone. Once you hit it, you have the same odds of winning as anyone else. It’s just how the game works.”

Reynad is such a douche.

golden rewards:

Sea Reaver -meh
Argent Squire - meh
Shadowstep - can play in mill rogue, but still not that cool

Need to check what I got.

Got up to Rank 8 (career high), and nearly got to 7 about 3 times.

I got to 13 even though I played a decent amount. Been toying around with a control shaman idea centered around Mistcaller and Reno. Haven't had a lot of time to devote to making it playable/workable though and it will be tough for the first ten days of each month to get any leverage with it I think unless I tech it against rush decks (which could be pretty challenging).

Does anyone run (or has run into) a Druid that uses Summoning Stone, lots of Spare Part cards, and minion buffs? I think he used Stafall and Nourish, too. Saw it at rank 8 and it was so-off meta and refreshing.

Back