• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

i settled on freeze mage, midrange druid with 2 living roots in place of 2 darnassus, and control priest w/ elise.

Think its well rounded and strong in meta. ill probably get killed, but who knows.

I got crushed. Haha. First dude had golden rogue and golden Mage. He banned my Druid, I banned his Druid. I picked priest hoping he was gonna go Mage and that it was tempo. He went oil rogue and that's just a terrible matchup. His freeze then beat my priest as I couldn't heal enough after getting alexstraza'ed.

Second matchup was a lite more even.
Lost priest vs zoolock.
Won priest vs hunter
Lost freeze vs hunter.

I gotta practice more.

I got crushed. Haha. First dude had golden rogue and golden Mage. He banned my Druid, I banned his Druid. I picked priest hoping he was gonna go Mage and that it was tempo. He went oil rogue and that's just a terrible matchup. His freeze then beat my priest as I couldn't heal enough after getting alexstraza'ed.

I gotta practice more.

According to tempo storm meta report, control priest is 20/80 underdog to freeze mage and 30/70 dog to oil rogue. So even if I opened and won with my mage, I would've likely lost anyway. The first dude i lost to went to the finals, was at rank 3 and said he had recently beaten Reynad.

I typically play secret pally. That deck is constantly ridiculed for being silly easy to play.

After the hub-bub on this thread, I made a mid-range combo druid. Holy. Fucking. Shit. You can't lose with this thing.

IMO, it is stronger right now because the meta is a little slower. Before LOE, the meta was too fast and mid-range druid just seemed to get rekt because it doesn't have big comeback mechanics. Another problem with the deck is that you might innervate out a shredder or druid of the claw, and then rely on topdecks. And then draw wild growths or innervates or savage roars rather than minions to keep tempo.

If you guys wanna see a card-collection-data boner, check this out:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RQsFLYKjaWYhoLVRxokm62V8QzeicHsJQG8ZDRJ2Q7c/edit?usp=sharing

That's my collection. You can make your own (takes about an hour) by clicking cell N2 on the Summary sheet (LoE Edition is now live!...) and following the link. To enter your collection, go to the "List" sheet and fill in the number of cards you have.

You'll get stats like the number of unique cards you have (I've collected about ~80% of the cards out there), and then the total number of cards you've got (I'm down to 78% of those).

You'll also get how much dust you need to complete your collection, and other neat data.

#nerd

Mine:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gFQbBbOVQFih1o5DKcrl4K2qweznePREKQA02DLS2dw/edit?usp=sharing

dying

[–]saibayadon 122 points 5 hours ago

I know when that Blingtron hits, that can only mean one thing.

[–]poporine 15 points 4 hours ago

You come and call me on chat now, tell me that's bullshit arrrrreeennge.

[–]Juicebox008 11 points 3 hours ago

Ever since I left the secret pally youuuu....

[–]Ongazord 12 points 2 hours ago

Stared playing reno, n goin mid-range

[–]ananas99 12 points 2 hours ago

Playing with some cards Ive never seen before

[–]michaelsted1 3 points an hour ago

Playing with cards you never needed before*

[–]FrivolousBanter 1 point 9 minutes ago

You used to call down the Clockwork Gnome... Lategame when you need that luck.

Heh, Greetings.

Hearthstone%20Screenshot%2001-15-16%2020.17.26_zpsstfmchen.png

(Yes, he stole The Map from me and still died a slow, fatigue-filled death...he even got TWO Rafams from it)

I'm playing more secret paladin in a "see how close to legend i can get" effort that might push me to try hard this month or next.

Which has me thinking...

Mysterious Challenger is clearly a very strong late game card. But this deck wins a lot of games on really fast starts with secret keepers, knife jugglers, minibots, musters, noble sac and avenge.

The only pieces that TGT gave us were MC and competitive spirit. Some lists run keeper of uldaman but i think its replaceable.

What I'm not saying: Secret Pally could still be tier 1 without MC.

What I am saying: Maybe the community missed out on discovering a still viable tier 3-4 deck that would work without MC and comp spirit. take out the MC and replace with choices between loatheb, belchers, second BOK, bolvar?

Thoughts?

I'm playing more secret paladin in a "see how close to legend i can get" effort that might push me to try hard this month or next.

Which has me thinking...

Mysterious Challenger is clearly a very strong late game card. But this deck wins a lot of games on really fast starts with secret keepers, knife jugglers, minibots, musters, noble sac and avenge.

The only pieces that TGT gave us were MC and competitive spirit. Some lists run keeper of uldaman but i think its replaceable.

What I'm not saying: Secret Pally could still be tier 1 without MC.

What I am saying: Maybe the community missed out on discovering a still viable tier 3-4 deck that would work without MC and comp spirit. take out the MC and replace with choices between loatheb, belchers, second BOK, bolvar?

Thoughts?

Sure. It's viable in the way that Patron Warrior is still viable post-Warsong nerf. But in that hypothetical, I'd rather run Face Hunter or Aggro Shaman.

Sure. It's viable in the way that Patron Warrior is still viable post-Warsong nerf. But in that hypothetical, I'd rather run Face Hunter or Aggro Shaman.

I guess that whats interesting to me is that we tend to think that the community will always discover viable decks. And its possible that this was overlooked.

I'm having a lot of trouble moving up this month with my decks. Been running a mixture of control priest, another control priest (with Elise), and a fun legendary Warlock deck with Reno, Jaraxxus, and Malganos whatever his name is (9/7 hero is immune). I may run some aggro shaman to try to get up to rank 10 over the next few days but haven't been able to crack 13 or 14 yet this month.

Got up to 5 last month with a control priest but the meta seems too quick for it right now.

I'm having a lot of trouble moving up this month with my decks. Been running a mixture of control priest, another control priest (with Elise), and a fun legendary Warlock deck with Reno, Jaraxxus, and Malganos whatever his name is (9/7 hero is immune). I may run some aggro shaman to try to get up to rank 10 over the next few days but haven't been able to crack 13 or 14 yet this month.

Got up to 5 last month with a control priest but the meta seems too quick for it right now.

hmm, i assume you are already teching it heavy against aggro? double deathlord? 1 shadow word pain, 2 pyros, a flash heal? as much as i love playing the elise version, im not sure how much it helps in the current meta.

Yeah the Elise version isn't doing too much to be honest, but it's fun to play. I may need to throw in a shadow word pain to the other control - good advice. I have two pyros and double deathlord in that one already - maybe I just haven't played it enough to see if I can move up consistently with it?

Man, just looked into selling my account. The sheet says that it retails for ~$400, but it looks like it goes for ~$100 on the internet. Action site offered me $60.

I'm not F2P (bought the expansions and 120 cards), but fuck $60.

I bought the expansions and nothing else. I didn't even know selling an account was a thing in HS. Awesome.

You can buy rank, or level, or golden portraits (dudes just grind shit for you), so it doesn't surprise me you can buy accounts straight-up.

Yeah the Elise version isn't doing too much to be honest, but it's fun to play. I may need to throw in a shadow word pain to the other control - good advice. I have two pyros and double deathlord in that one already - maybe I just haven't played it enough to see if I can move up consistently with it?

its definitely fun. unless you are on the other side of it and you have your opponent at 3 health with an equipped truesilver and he gets reno from his golden monkey.

I'm like that with mill rogue. Isn't close to my best deck but I've been playing it a lot recently just because it's fun. Particularly like people who keep smugly saying thank you as I have them draw as many cards as possible through their acolyte before going HAM.

Back