• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

Same. I've been slammed with work the last week and a half and have been on sparingly (don't think I've been on since Saturday) but I'll try to get them in ASAP.

I'll see what I can do. I'm aiming to get home right before tip off of the Wake/Duke game. I may be able to play afterwards, but was also at work at 7:30 this morning so I may be asleep pretty shortly after the game ends.

I got rekt by hemet last nightt from an unstable portal. killed my taunted druid of the claw.

Then got killed by pyroblast. fucking piece of shit running pyro in a tempo mage.

Lots of chatter on Hearthstone Reddit this past week about a pity timer.

Essentially, whenever you open a pack without an epic, legendary, or golden card...the odds of getting one of those cards the next time are increased until a point where it's practically 100%.

One should get a Legendary at least every 39 packs, and an epic every 10. The timer resets whenever you open a specific type of card.

I guess I struggle with how you prove it exists with only the current data they have? but this is first time I'd heard of the concept of a pity timer. guessing it will be discussed on upcoming podcasts and Brode will eventually weigh in.

I guess I struggle with how you prove it exists with only the current data they have? but this is first time I'd heard of the concept of a pity timer. guessing it will be discussed on upcoming podcasts and Brode will eventually weigh in.

I think this is one of those things that will never be confirmed or denied. The mystery (even if slight) only helps Blizzard. Putting the information out there can only hurt them, I think.

I guess I just changed my mind.

4 months ago Hearthsim.info gathered and analyzed over 15,000 card packs opening from TGT(related reddit thread). They found that none of the people get zero legendaries when they open 40 packs consecutively. In fact, the max legendary distance (packs internal between legendaries) from that set of data is 39. The actual data is very different from the simulated data. Assume each pack has a constant chance of 5% to contain a legendary, then the chance of not getting a legendary in 40 packs is (95/100)40 =12.85%. This chance is not that low and it did not happen at all over 15,000 packs. It is very unlikely to happen unless there is some form of mechanism to compensate for the long streak of bad luck. We called this mechanism “Pity Timer”.

I don't remember when I got my last legendary - probably 15-20 packs ago? I wish there was a way to catalog the packs you got and when you opened them but I understand why it's not included as an internal-game feature since it would require a lot of memory in all likelihood.

Knight hooked me up the other day with spectator quest. Opened a Malygos. Going to start stockpiling gold and dust for next expansion.

I don't remember when I got my last legendary - probably 15-20 packs ago? I wish there was a way to catalog the packs you got and when you opened them but I understand why it's not included as an internal-game feature since it would require a lot of memory in all likelihood.

Strong 33,333rd post.

33,334 here we come:

I think Eaglez hopped on the other day and started watching me literally as I was about to win. It was great timing.

Dragon/Battlecry Priest is so good & fun for this Brawl.

It seems like EVERYONE is running Deathrattle decks.

I really dislike brawls where you have to put together your own deck. That's what ladder is for. I want the brawls to be dumb fun stuff.

There have been a couple that I enjoyed building own deck: last week's random hero power and the one where you gained a random minion if you had less health than opponent.

But I generally agree. Hoping 2016 brings some more creativity to tavern brawl.

There have been a couple that I enjoyed building own deck: last week's random hero power and the one where you gained a random minion if you had less health than opponent.

But I generally agree. Hoping 2016 brings some more creativity to tavern brawl.

Last week's random hero power made Inspire minions so ridiculously OP. Just get Mukla's on the board for a turn and it was practically gg.

I should be around early afternoon the next two days for anyone who wants to get some games in. Sorry I haven't been around guys - haven't played at all in a week.

Back