• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

Maybe I've been fortunate but I haven't run into too many sludge belchers beyond the occasional paladin deck recently.

Sylvanas has really become a "win by more" card in my experiences in the current meta. If you get that down successfully late game you are probably already on the path to victory.

I'm trying to figure out if my deck would be better with another card in place of Sylvanas. Any thoughts? Deck I'm talking about is on the previous page. I was thinking maybe a second Holy Champion - but Sylvanas can be a game changer especially if you drop it turn six and they have no silence. If they have hard removal they have to play around you and it can shift tempo which is critical for priest.

This isn't my experience. I have her in my deck to draw removal ahead of Boom and Ysera, and if they don't have removal at the right time, the control that she provides is just incredible.

This is similarly why I like her. Also if I can get Justicar down behind a taunt or with other buffed minions down, a lot of the time people have used hard removal on him which always draws an "I'm sorry" from me since I normally still have Sylvanas, Ysera, or Vol'jin in my deck and Justicar gets his value merely by being played in the first place.

Taking Sylvanas out of a control deck is crazy talk.

This is ultimately the conclusion I've come to on the topic.

When I get the chance (if I do between now and midnight tomorrow) I'm going to run aggroshaman to get as many games in as possible to see if I can get from rank 5 up to legend but I doubt I'll be able to.

My priest absolutely wrecks mages. I'm like 5-0 against mage the last few days.

It depends on the matchup.

But typically, Finley, Trogg, Totem Golem, Taunt Wolves, and Doomhammer (as this is your finisher for a ton of games).

Got a good run last night and got up to 11. Gonna try to get to 10 before tonight, but not sure how much I will get to play.

Success rate of the shaman deck is almost totally dependent on the mulligan haha.

I played seven secret paladins in a row at rank 5 last night. It was pretty annoying.

I'm going to have nightmares of shielded minibot, coghammer, loatheb, sludge belcher, and challenger.

The best part about an aggroshaman playing a secret paladin is that you just go straight to face with spells haha. By turn 6 you usually are either going to win shortly, or it isn't going to matter either way.

Uther is just all over Hearthstone right now. Both ranked and arena.

Tempo Storm has Secret Paladin as the #1 Meta Deck, and all the Well Met guys are running it for their end of the month Legend pushes.

And you know they aren't running Lightning Storm :thumbsup:

I gave serious thought into putting a lightning storm in there in the event that I was unable to get around a taunt or something but figured it would in most cases just be a dead card and waste of mana. If you need to use it you're likely going to lose anyway. Better to just try to top deck lava burst.

Looks like there are a few Face Shaman variants that ARE running Lightning Storm now. FYI to the masses.

I'm finished with all my matches. It looks like everyone else has at least one - here are the remaining games,

Slim-Knight
Slim-MHB
Doofus-Eagles
Doofus-Knight
Wolverine-Dot Com
Wolverine-Eagles
Knight-Numbers
MHB-Numbers
Redwing-Numbers

Let's wrap this up.

Bump

i'm down to play my games. I just signed up to play a tournament in KC next week so I need some practice. Anyone want to help me prepare? Think I'm gonna bring priest, druid, warrior.

Back