• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

Interesting. My reaction was that it would be much easier to hit Dad Legend or Actual Legend moving forward, because you won’t have to grind an extra 8-11 ranks (Dads start at 9 instead of 17; Legends 4 instead of 15).

Interesting. My reaction was that it would be much easier to hit Dad Legend or Actual Legend moving forward, because you won’t have to grind an extra 8-11 ranks (Dads start at 9 instead of 17; Legends 4 instead of 15).

That might be true. I've never really paid attention how far you fall on ladder. Probably worth an epic grind next month though.

Meh, I'm having too much playing bad decks.

In my last 40 ranked matches (Standard ranks 13 through 8), I have played zero Shamans and zero Warriors.

banhammer coming down hard on corridor creeper, raza, and patches. Bonemare more subtle.

Bonemare - Now costs 8 mana. (Up from 7)

Corridor Creeper - Now has 2 Attack. (Down from 5)

Patches the Pirate - No longer has Charge.

Raza the Chained - Now reads: Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, your Hero Power costs (1) this game.

"IIIIIII'M NOT CHARGING NOW"

bonemare too soft, creeper too harsh

not sure about raza, kills the whole priest game

Bonemare will still be very good in arena, but I'm unsure how much of a hit it will take in Standard. 8 is pretty steep for a Tempo deck, and if you're looking for a finisher, there are many more options in the 8 spot.

You have to think Corridor Creeper never sees play again, except maybe, possibly in dedicated Beast decks. Trying to cheat out a 2/5 is nothing (and also not worth it) in the current state of the game. This card got wrekt.

Patches will still see play in certain decks for its deck-thinning ability, but classes that aren't optimized for Pirates won't automatically add the 'Pirate Package' anymore. Any Rogue that runs Swashburgler will still run Patches.

I think the Raza nerf has the smallest impact. In Standard and Wild, Priest Highlander decks are Tier One. Does the archetype get worse? Yes. Will people stop playing it? Absolutely not. In Wild, this isn't even that big of a deal because Spawn of Shadows does all the heavy lifting.

Corridor Creeper will still be decent in evolve decks but of the 10 decks I made, I think 9 of them had creeper in it so I'll be pulling it out of all except the evolve deck.

It seems like an odd time of some of these nerfs. Raza and Patches are slated to retire next expansion anyway.

This means we'll be seeing a lot more warlocks now sadly.

Corridor Creeper will still be decent in evolve decks but of the 10 decks I made, I think 9 of them had creeper in it so I'll be pulling it out of all except the evolve deck.

Nope. Forgot about the full dust refund. I'm going to disenchant both as well as my golden bonemare.

In light of these nerfs, I gave my trusty Aggro Paladin a final joy ride on the way to Dad Legend! Just went 10-2 today to hit Rank 5.

I went 32-10 (76%) overall with the deck starting at Rank 13. Here's the final decklist:

02f92NL.png

I did subtract Cobalt Scalebane for Golakka Crawler late in my run, which I think suits the current meta. Scalebane is good against Raza Priest and sometimes Dragon Priest...but the closer I got to 5, I saw so many Aggro/Zoo/Tempo decks, and most of them run pirates.

More gaudy stats below, including my 10 game winning streak! I would've hit Rank 5 six games sooner if I hadn't lost that 11th game.

FopiQzD.png

Grats. I hit dad legend with Razakus (literal "in before nerf"). I hated playing that paladin deck as it always seemed to be able to reload and put threats on the board. Judging by your stats, it does pretty well against most priest versions.

I'm rank 9 in wild, and debated trying for dad legend in both. But since there is no reward for it, I'll probably just play arena instead.

It would be nice if you got separate reward chests.

Add it to the 'I wish Wild was actually supported by Blizzard' list.

Last edited:
I think Blizzard could support Wild by making wild packs less expensive and wild cards less expensive to craft. Maybe a 50% discount across the board.

Corridor Creeper deserved to go down. You could argue that a smaller stat line, like 4/4 woulda been good enough but I think totally destroying that card is fine. That one felt like a card they never saw coming in terms of power level/popularity.

I think it's a good idea to make some changes before cards rotate to Wild. Played a little wild this expansion and it was more fun and diverse than I expected. Changing these cards probably helps preserve that a little. The only card on that list that definitely should have caught a nerf before now is Patches imo. Especially if they're gonna destroy Creeper so fast. Patches was literally everywhere in its rotation.

I agree that the changes are merited. My biggest worry is that this will mean a flood of warlocks now. The decks I generally play can handle priests fine but don't really stack up well against Warlock.

I agree that the changes are merited. My biggest worry is that this will mean a flood of warlocks now. The decks I generally play can handle priests fine but don't really stack up well against Warlock.

I've seen this concern, but someone made a good point that the burn/secret mage counters Warlock pretty hard. Also, we should (i know, i know) have a short window in between nerfs and rotation/new meta.

First pick of a priest draft: carnivorous cube or Tortolan primalist? Tier list has cube a lot higher but i think primalist is able to more flexibly get me out of a jam. Either pulling taunts or looking for a clear. I think cube is rated higher because it has better vanilla stats, but i think primalist is a better comeback mechanic. Thoughts?

I'm so out of touch with Arena (haven't played it this expansion), so I can't call it.

I just played a Control Warlock that used The Darkness on cruve, and when my deck was down to four cards, he inexplicably played the 2/3 discard vampire...burning his final candle. I've never laughed so fucking hard at this game.

Back