• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

I was playing an arena game at 8-2. I was completely out of cards. I had a frozen crusher out and board full of 1/1s. He has a creeper out and 2 2/2s, he maelstrom portals, and can clear the 8/7 crusher with 2 of his minions, but he goes face and concedes. He friends me right after, and I'm trying to explain to him that he could have cleared and I was topdecking. He still didn't get that he wasn't dead.

I decided to go tortolan, i hope it pays off. This deck is greedy:

2x dragonfire potion
2x psychic scream
1x free from amber
1x mind control
2x shadow word death
1x shadow word pain

I was halfway to rank 7 and was going to make a push to dad legend today. Then I went 0-6 on Mage and Rogue decks so I'll just stop for now.

Well Met's podcast has seen many crew changes over the years, and I'm really starting to dig the current hosts.

rayC (@PG_rayC) is habitual high-Legend professional player and DannyDonuts (@DannyDonuts_HS) is a consistent Wild Legend player and contributor to TempoStorm and Vicious Syndicate. These guys know their shit, and I love the little nuggets they drop.

In this week's episode, Ray chronicled the lengths Legend players go to in order to gain every competitive advantage. Naturally, they all play in 'off-line mode' so that you never see their name or rank. What blew my mind, though...Ray has 9 exact copies of a deck, but with a different card back for each. That way his opponent can never assume they're playing against 'that Aggro Druid' or 'that Control Warlock' again - instead of possibly a Jade Druid or a Zoo Lock.

Not super pertinent for us casuals, but very very interesting nonetheless. Ray also hit top 15 Legend with Jade Druid by teching 2x Naturalize to cover weaknesses against Cubelock and Raza Priest, with a decent chance of milling their key cards. He's a brilliant mind and it's cool to hear his insights on a weekly basis.

Scepter of Summoning Shenanigans

AEogykO.png

I can't decide if I want to get the Mammoth Bundle when it comes out. I'm sure if I do, I'll end up with 0 legendaries.

I finally beat the runs with all heroes last weekend. Attempted to go back and do Lich King with all heroes, forgot how fucking annoying he is.

Accidentally posted this on another thread.

Had a good day.

Beat dungeon run with warrior.

Finished priest run at 11-3. Misplayed the Druid matchup at the end.

But i got 400 gold and Aluneth in my pack.

Accidentally posted this on another thread.

Had a good day.

Beat dungeon run with warrior.

Finished priest run at 11-3. Misplayed the Druid matchup at the end.

But i got 400 gold and Aluneth in my pack.

Congratulations!

I've tried Aluneth a few times but I always end up overdrawing with it. I think of all the times I've gone against Aluneth, I've only lost to it once. It usually just over draws the Mage.

You guys may have seen that Blizzard has a 3,000 (!) pack grand prize giveaway. Clever redditors quickly recognized that if an American won the prize, they'd like have to pay thousands in taxes to receive the prize.

So, Blizzard responded by adding $1,200 in prize money, lol.

We hope your Quest for Packs has been going well so far. We’ve heard hopeful adventurers voice concerns that the idea of winning the Grand Prize is a daunting prospect. That’s not in the spirit of a proper quest, so to help smooth your way, we’re making the rewards sweeter.

The Grand Prize will now include $1200.00 USD.

If I win it, I'm taking it to tax court so I can be famous for setting the tax court precedent for the valuation of digital cards.

Jam v. United States.

Wild Arena!

Wildfest!
From February 19th through March 11th join us for a Wild party! Read the Wildfest blog for details!
Wild cards return to the Arena for the duration of Wildfest.
Venture into the Wild – A Tavern Brawl celebrating Wild with pre-built decks.
The Wild Brawliseum – A special Tavern Brawl where you’ll build and lock-in a Wild deck, and then see if you can take it to twelve wins versus other players! Three losses and your run comes to an end.
Your first Brawliseum run is free!
Additional runs are available for the same price as Arena tickets. Also like the Arena, prizes are based on number of wins, and follow the Arena reward structure.

The Wild Brawliseum – A special Tavern Brawl where you’ll build and lock-in a Wild deck, and then see if you can take it to twelve wins versus other players! Three losses and your run comes to an end. Your first Brawliseum run is free!

I'm pumped for this...it's going to be so easy to mop up the general populace.

I played a bunch of Reno Priest in January, so I'll need to pivot.

Controlling and Combo decks are very powerful in Wild right now, and the nerfs didn't really neutralize that.

I feel like I'm going to end up playing a lot of Hunter this expansion. I've gotten 3 of the 4 Hunter legendaries from the last two expansions (missing only the Hunter weapon).

I bought the bundle for the 10 packs of three expansions that aren't expiring. I ended up getting one legendary. Guess which one I got?

I bought the bundle for the 10 packs of three expansions that aren't expiring. I ended up getting one legendary. Guess which one I got?

Play the spell deck, its fun. I bought the bundle too. It was too enticing. Got Clutchmother, Rotface, and Scourgelord. Pretty pumped as I can play a lot of the different warrior decks now.

I like the bundle deals, wish they'd do them more often.

I got a golden Ultimate Infestation and golden Voraxx, which is kinda funny because I reaaaally wanted that card to be a thing when it came out. Nothing else of note, but can't complain about a decent price on cards.

Dusting Patches and Creepers killed almost every single deck I had saved.

I like the bundle deals, wish they'd do them more often.

I got a golden Ultimate Infestation and golden Voraxx, which is kinda funny because I reaaaally wanted that card to be a thing when it came out. Nothing else of note, but can't complain about a decent price on cards.

Dusting Patches and Creepers killed almost every single deck I had saved.

Ha. Yeah I think I had one playable deck after I dusted Creeper.

I had no idea how expensive it was to craft a golden common. I'm glad I looked because I just got 800 dust for my 2 golden bonemares.

Back