• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

I guess I'd try to counter it with a rush deck like hunter with one hunter's mark. The criticism of unstable portal is that you might usually play it on turn 2 or 3 and so you would be unable to develop your board early.

I got my first 3 win arena with warlock then got a 5 win with a big druid deck with 3 wild growths, 2 ancient of lores and lots of taunts.

Got two more 3 win arena decks and a 5 win as well. Starting to do better.

I've seen arena rankings for cards. Has anyone seen a pre or post gvg ranking for arena classes?

I figure if I can start consistently winning 4-5 games in arena it will be a better value for my gold.

I had two incredibly unlucky sequences this past weekend.

1) Playing a Druid. Got him down to 1 life and he had & played the tree of fucking life.
2) Played a control Warrior who dropped all of this on one turn: Raging Worgen, 2x Inner Rage, +3/3 to a damaged creature, and charge for a 13/1 windfury, charge guy. 26 damage to the face. It's a great combo, but how often do you get all 5 of the cards in your hand?

Got to rank 5 this week with Mage Antonidas deck. At high ranks there are so many hunter rush decks tho. I can't figure out how to beat them.

Honestly, I just created the standard GVG Antonidas deck (basically, you control the board and create spare parts, then drop Antonidas, use spare parts to protect him, and accumulate fireballs), and off I went. I'm at the low end of Rank 6 now though, because of the damn hunter rush decks. During my climb up the ranks I saw a lot of control warrior and zoo warlock, as well as other Atonidas Mage decks and an occasional Rogue deck, but over the past 2 days I feel like I'm seeing Hunter rush decks 3 out of every 5 games. It's absurd.

Seriously, I don't know how to beat them. They use a lot of deathrattle beasts that help them control board when they're not pounding your face (haunted creeper, the deathrattle lion), the eaglehorn bow, lots of secrets, and kill commands to finish you off.

Usually I can gain control of the board by turn 4 or 5, but by then my Mage is down to 14 or so health. The Hunter hero ability just keeps chipping away, and once a kill command comes up, I'm toast.

I'm kind of thinking a really good Priest deck could take advantage of the meta right now. Lots of silence and/or cabal shadow priest to take care of annoyances like haunted creepers. Healing ability helps combat Hunter hero ability. Maybe also use one of those new GVG secret stealer minions in the deck.

Thoughts?

So reading that icyveins guide, it seems like Mage is ALWAYS a no brainer arena pick? Do you guys ever pick anything else if Mage is available?

I do really well with Druids, so I almost always pick Druid if it's available, but had my 5 win run with a Mage.

Yup. This has also saturated the meta. So much charge, to the face bs, but it works.

From reading more, it seems ramp decks with big taunts work well against it.

But still, it's BS. A good ramp deck takes 10k+ dust to create, it seems. The aggro/rush/face hunter decks take 1500, and they're effective against most other decks. That's extremely frustrating for a casual player that doesn't have 20k dust laying around.

Crafted a Dr. Boom last night, still haven't had a chance to use it, but from the sound of it, it's popular.

Crafted a Dr. Boom last night, still haven't had a chance to use it, but from the sound of it, it's popular.

It feels so OP. I see it in almost every game now. Even if you use premium removal on Dr. Boom himself, you still have to worry about the two bombs, which can wreck your board.

I honestly don't know how to counter it. If the bomb deathrattles could randomly hit any character, like a Mad Bomber, then it'd feel fine. But they only target enemies, so you're always screwed.

Could this increase the use of smaller charge minions?...not sure of the full mechanics yet since I haven't played it.

ETA: Or more tokens?

Back