• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

Tokens?

Smaller charge minions make sense insofar as they're part of an aggro/rush deck where the game is basically over by the time Dr. Boom can come out. As an end-game minion though, he's a beast.

Yea I was just thinking of loading your deck with more of the cards that produce other minions, using Paladin decks to get more silver hand recruits, Shaman decks to get more totems, etc.

Today, H-Stone was good to me.

I logged in to find the 'Win 7 games in any mode' for 100 gold quest. I happened to have exactly 150 gold already, so I signed up for an arena run.

After depositing my gold, I was given option of Paladin, Mage, and Warlock. Thank you for the Mage, computer!

The draft went reasonably well: 1 Flamestrike, 1 Fireball (had an option for a second, but went Water Elemental instead), 2 Flamecannons, 2 Frost Bolts, 2 Mana Wyrms, 2 Water Elementals, 2 Counter Spells, and other good value neutral minions.

The run went swimmingly. Started 5-0, but then quickly hit some stiff competition. I finished 8-3, and below are my spoils (plus the 100 gold for completing the quest).

Hearthstone_Screenshot_12302014145613_zpsaee77da1.png

Hearthstone_Screenshot_12302014145726_zps3f481eb3.png

6 wins in arena with Paladin and it should have been 7 with a couple terrible misplays in one match.

Got 80 gold, a pack and 50 dust.

Does the Mekgineer summon a Leper Gnome for you or for the enemy?

Started an Arena run last night. Started out 3-0 with Priest, then lost 1 and was too tired to continue.

Will go back and finish the run after work today.

I stink at Arena. I ran into a Gahr'zilla buzzsaw last night. That card is a guaranteed victory unless you have a Hex or something in hand.

My new years resolution is to get a character to 500 ladder wins. Highest is druid at ~135 wins so its gonna be slow.

Got six wins with a paladin today and got 80 gold + 35 gold + a pack. Nothing of note in the pack though which continues my horrible run. Gonna run some errands and go on a couple more arena runs today though to see if I can get a little deeper. Paladins are tough outs in the arena if you get a good chunk of lower mana cards. I had something like 11 two mana guys and even without a ton of card draw help I was able to keep the pressure on throughout most matches.

Hearthstone servers going nuts today. In the interim, I have a guessing game:

Hearthstone_Screenshot_122015152230_zps2ae7f6ad.png

How many arena wins did this deck get?

Good rush potential with a solid number of spells to buff an early mana wyrm and make the apprentice useful. Lack of fireball or pyroblast isn't a huge deal but it takes some blast power off the table. The yeti and cult master are good matchups with priests and then junk bot and sludge belcher are solid cards. I wonder if it struggled in longer control games as I could see this deck struggling a bit if the games last longer and the initial rush doesn't establish solid positioning. The unstable portal could have really grabbed anything and is a wildcard RNG for the deck, but obviously a +E/V one for the mage IMO. Tinkertown sets up pretty well with the golems as well and I like the double golems and crusaders in the deck.

I think it depends on matchups as I think this deck could have trouble against other decks/classes who can get a solid board presence but based on card draw it could be countered with your own lower mana cards. I would say this deck won a minimum of two games with even a mild amount of luck and probably would win four or five at least on a regular basis. With solid play and some good card draw it could win seven games I would think, maybe more.

Last edited:
Jeez...27 minutes to get in?

I was so looking forward to playing when I got off work.

Screw that...waited in the queue for 29 minutes and then the window flashed, and I opened it and it showed the main Battle.net window where you usually click PLAY, but it said "You need to be online to play this game" and so I clicked GO ONLINE and it put me back in the queue for another 30 minutes

Back