• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

Hearthstone servers going nuts today. In the interim, I have a guessing game:

Hearthstone_Screenshot_122015152230_zps2ae7f6ad.png

How many arena wins did this deck get?

During and immediately after the draft, I thought this was the worst Mage arena deck I had ever made - it is lacking in signature Mage spells, has zero late game, and only has a few unreliable mech combos (my first card drafted was Junkbot, so I was hoping for more). One of my buddies agreed that I should be happy with 3 wins.

But damn, this deck proved us wrong. My strategy in most games was to fill the board & hit face and it worked a good amount. I almost always had a great mana curve and I never lacked minions to replenish the board. Like any arena run, there was some luck involved: specifically, I top decked a frostbolt to win one game.

In some other games, everything seemed to hit:
-I unstable portaled a Deathwing. I was able to play Duplicate and Deathwing (at mana cost 7) on turn 10 for game, set, match.
-Explosive sheep & hero power ping saved my bacon countless times. It's a 4 mana, mini-flamestrike.
-One game I had my Junkbot and Cult Master out with several mechs. My mechs cleared the board, while I drew cards, and my Junkbot turned into a lethal monster.

I was completely surprised with how well this deck performed. Ultimately, the key was creating a solid board presence with efficient minions, trading intelligently, and hitting face more regularly.

11-3, my best run yet. I think I played 8 or 9 Mages in 14 matches, including the final match.

Damn 11 wins is really solid. I think my record is eight. I got five wins earlier with a deck HTTD and I drafted. That was right about what we expected. I said it should average four wins and HTTD said three or four before amending to six after the first match or so. Five wins was probably about right. I got 135 gold and a GvG deck with (shocking) nothing good in it.

Had a great Mage deck earlier that went 1-3, and a Rogue deck that I thought would win 5 games that only won 2 because of HORRIBLE initial card draws/mulligans.

Okay, apologies for the humble brag earlier. But now, I'm not sorry & I'm going to straight BOAST:

Hearthstone_Screenshot_132015235537_zpsdfbebafe.png

I went 10-0 before dropping one to a Rogue, and then won my final two to hit the payday. This deck was so much fucking fun - the only things that got cut out of the screen shot above are an Argent Commander & a Frost Elemental.

So I had NINE cards that had or gave Divine Shield, plus a Blood Knight. The Argent Protectors (x4) gave such insane value, my opponents had to think I was cheating when I'd play them multiple turns in a row. Sword of Justice is just amazing. Frostwolf always got a ton of value when I played him. Cult Master x2 drew me all the cards. Avenging Wrath was a nice finisher, as were the 2x Blessing of Kings. Actually, BoK + Divine Shield was my MVP combo; there was nothing my opponent could put on the board that I couldn't handle with that, plus I kept my minion. This deck man... SO MUCH FUN

Oh yeah, in my 11th match (while 10-1), I had literally the best second turn possible. Turn 1, he plays a secret (it was Avenge). On my turn, I play Argent Squire. His Turn 2, Shielded Mini-bot. My turn 2? Coin into a 9/9 Blood Knight!

Paladin10-1Start_zpsfc0c1d43.png

Last edited:
damn dude. post your spoils.

I'm 6-0 with a druid deck right now, but im slow playing it. I get too amped, I need to take breaks.

Spider tank is such a badass 3 drop minion. Even more so if you have some mech synergies.

damn dude. post your spoils.

I'm 6-0 with a druid deck right now, but im slow playing it. I get too amped, I need to take breaks.

495 (!) gold and a pack. Nothing but duplicate cards, though.

Nice! Good luck on your run.

Spider tank is such a badass 3 drop minion. Even more so if you have some mech synergies.

Absolutely. It's up there with Mech Yeti and Harvest Golem - all three are excellent value cards that can usually trade at least twice.

I thought I read that above 7 wins, you usually get a nice golden card.

I matched HTTD and went 12-1 with my druid deck. 335 gold, pack and a golden cobra shot. Ironbark does WORK in arena. I'll try to post screenshots tomorrow.

Best run I've had is still 6, and played like 5-6 times yesterday and didn't get more than 3

Sorry, its hard to see decklist, but hopefully you can make it out if you want to see the cards. not shown are 1 faceless manipulator, 1 force of nature, 1 boulderfist ogre, 1 stormwind champion, and 2 ironbark protectors.

My best is 9. The key is a lot of minions with some interactions with one another and a few timely spells IMO. Obviously card draw (both at the start of the run and during games) is a meaningful factor as well though.

Sorry, its hard to see decklist, but hopefully you can make it out if you want to see the cards. not shown are 1 faceless manipulator, 1 force of nature, 1 boulderfist ogre, 1 stormwind champion, and 2 ironbark protectors.

Shit dude, that looks like a constructed Druid deck! Well done. Savage Roar is clutch in the arena and pairs well with a lot of your picks.

Also, as we both learned...take a screenshot of deck before you win 12 or lose 3 :thumbsup:

Also, as we both learned...take a screenshot of deck before you win 12 or lose 3 :thumbsup:

Why is that? I saw people on a liquidhearth thread posting 11 win screenshots and I thought it was because it wouldn't take you back to see 12 win key with deck. But we were both able to.

Back