• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

So far:
Annoy-o-tron
Recruiter
Drakonid Crusher
Fire Elemental

Pick 5:

mku07d.png

http://strawpoll.me/5965166

Sticky minions are great in arena, but particularly good for Shaman.

I choose you, Haunted Creeper.

Creeper. Doctor is such an easy removal. Brewmaster is a good card but not as good as creeper. Off to a good start - hopefully can land a lightning storm or two.

Fire elemental was clearly the choice there. Good option to go quickly haha

Really interesting take on the new Hunter card, Explorer's Hat:

Last edited:
Does the discover function pull from the entire class pool? or just your deck?

The entire class and neutral pool. Neutral only applies to discover cards that refer to minions, obviously.

Same guy who reviewed the Explorer's Hat above gave Animated Armor a 'trash' rating. Said it was simply a soft-taunt against aggro decks, and just an awful card against anything else (read: most decks that trade for board control). You'd be better off with Evil Heckler in that situation.

eh, im probably wrong but i disagree.

I think of it sort of like a sylvanas or loatheb in that it stalls aggro early or delays a combo by 1 turn. That can be very useful against druid combo or freeze mage.

ETA: most decks have very crowded 4 mana slots, so i will say it might not see any constructed play. i also dig the art.

Last edited:
Are you thinking it gives freeze mage another chance or two to survive until win condition?

Are you thinking it gives freeze mage another chance or two to survive until win condition?

maybe, but i dont know what you can cut in freeze mage right now. especially if you will be adding the new 3 mana torch card.

Maybe a slower more control mage deck that doesn't work in current meta. But again, its a crowded 4 mana slot with water elementals and fireballs and shredders, etc.

Sent classes in. Like most I have two solid and a third that I'm not sure on.

Tinkering now.

My classes are in as well. Anyone who runs secret paladin, there's a special place in hell for you. Knight!!! :)

Just lost to a Druid where I was up 28-25 a couple turns past turn 10. I had Dr. Boom on the board and he had keeper of the grove. I had just thoughtstolen his Cenarius and gotten out one of his force of natures to entirely clear that board then I played Dr. Boom and healed to get to 28. He plays (with four cards in his hand total): force of nature, innervate, savage roar, savage roar for 28 damage for lethal. Fuck that combo so hard - there was literally nothing I could do to stop that. It's a completely horseshit combination IMO needs a nerf.

They really need to figure out some sort of nerf for the aggro in general. So many face hunters out there in the mid-ranking levels.

OGBoards Hearthstone Tournament #2

Participants

DeaconSlim2.0 (DeaconSlim #1968): Druid, Mage, Paladin
Deacsfan27 (Deacsfan27#1968): Druid, Hunter, Mage
Demonwolverine (Wiredex#1447): Mage, Shaman, Warlock
Dot com (owook#1737): Hunter, Paladin, Shaman
Eagles_Legendz (Dhaemon#1288): Mage, Paladin, Priest
HailToTheDeacons (HTTD#1449): Paladin, Shaman, Warrior
Knight (Knight#11615): Hunter, Paladin, Shaman
MHBDemon (Jam#1367): Druid, Mage, Paladin
redwing42 (redwing42#1379): Hunter, Mage, Warrior
seawolf2010 (Madeye21#1305): Druid, Paladin, Priest
Wakeforest22890 (Numbers22890#1512): Mage, Priest, Shaman

Competition format

The 11 entrants will play a 10 match round-robin tournament to determine the OGboards Champion.

After all competitors have played their 10 matches, the poster with the best overall match record will be crowned champion. In the case of a tie, the best overall record (by percentage) in all games played will determine the winner. If two entrants remain tied, then the head-to-head result will determine the champion.

Each match will be a best-of-five game series using the conquest format. Participants should prepare three decks (with three different classes) for the entire competition. The deck classes should be PMed to Allen Covert (a neutral, third party) before the tournament starts. After all 11 groups are submitted, then they will be posted to the thread. Changing your decklist after the tournament has started is prohibited.

Each best-of-five game series should be played in one challenge session if at all possible. Naturally, you will need to friend all of your opponents, as well. Afterward, please report the result to the thread (ex. Entrant A won 3-1 or Entrant B won 3-2).

Schedule

All matches will be completed by Friday, December 4th at 10pm EST. It is up to each pair of competitors to friend each other and find a mutual time to complete their match within the specified week.

By Monday, November 9th at 10pm EST: Submit three classes to Allen Covert
Week 1: Two Match Dates (1, 2) to be completed by Friday, November 13th at 10pm EST
Week 2: Three Match Dates (3, 4, 5) to be completed by Friday, November 20th at 10pm EST
Week 3: Three Match Dates (6, 7, 8) to be completed by Friday, November 27th at 10pm EST
Week 4: Three Match Dates (9, 10, 11) to be completed by Friday, December 4th at 10pm EST

Hearthstone%20Schedule_zpsvp0xqjbo.png

Miscellaneous Guidelines
-You may spectate other competitive games, but any entrant reserves the right to boot you from watching and you should refrain from table talk.
-It’s on everyone to practice sportsmanlike conduct (not changing your decks, intentionally losing, having friends help while spectating, BMing etc.). This is just for fun, after all.

Class selections:

Mage 7
Paladin 7
Shaman 5
Druid 4
Hunter 4
Priest 3
Warrior 2
Warlock 1
Rogue 0

Back