• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Help Me Destroy Arrogant Gamecock Fan

Anyway to look up who on the football team went pro early? His excuse for the lastest GSR rate of 39% for football and their general pathetic overall rate is that they are superior athletes and go pro early.

Actually the latest GSR rate is 55%, and that's only data collected from 2001-2004. Nothing to be proud of, but that data was prior to Spurrier's arrival.

The cocks do have one conference title in football- they won the ACC in 1969.

Also, and this is more of a slam on Clemson basketball but still a pretty cool stat.... Despite being out of the ACC for 40 some years, South Carolina has more ACC basketball championships than Clemson does. 1 to 0.

So LOWF has more football conference titles and basketball conference titles than SC, plus more bowl wins and this guy as a South Carolina fan is arrogant. :rofl:

Since he likes cocks so much, send him a membership to The Advocate...NTTAWWT

The cocks do have one conference title in football- they won the ACC in 1969.

Also, and this is more of a slam on Clemson basketball but still a pretty cool stat.... Despite being out of the ACC for 40 some years, South Carolina has more ACC basketball championships than Clemson does. 1 to 0.

As a side bar......it is so infuriating that Clemson doesn't put more of an emphasis on basketball. We have the money to put into facilities, we have the fan base, and we are in the conference where basketball is king. Instead we low ball the basketball program and treat it as an afterthought. They should dump a bunch of money into Brownell and his assistants, and the basketball program could probably become really successful. Instead they will jerk around, let Brownell achieve some success with limited resources, then watch him go to a bigger program.....rinse, repeat.

As a side bar......it is so infuriating that Clemson doesn't put more of an emphasis on basketball. We have the money to put into facilities, we have the fan base, and we are in the conference where basketball is king. Instead we low ball the basketball program and treat it as an afterthought. They should dump a bunch of money into Brownell and his assistants, and the basketball program could probably become really successful. Instead they will jerk around, let Brownell achieve some success with limited resources, then watch him go to a bigger program.....rinse, repeat.

I wanted Brownell at Wake. That being said, it's not that simple to find success in the ACC. Tom Izzo is an excellent coach and MSU is a great program, but you see them continually go down to Duke and UNC year in and year out. Top to bottom, the ACC is very good, but the top is so good, that it keeps everyone else down. No trickle down effect.

I wanted Brownell at Wake. That being said, it's not that simple to find success in the ACC. Tom Izzo is an excellent coach and MSU is a great program, but you see them continually go down to Duke and UNC year in and year out. Top to bottom, the ACC is very good, but the top is so good, that it keeps everyone else down. No trickle down effect.

there definitely is a trickle down effect, you just don't see it in when comparing ACC teams against themselves, you have to compare them against other teams.
The ACC is good because they have to attempt to be competitive with Duke and UNC. Kids want to come the the ACC because they want to play for or against those teams and get on TV and get attention...much the same reason kids play for SEC teams.

I grew up in SC, and there is plenty of fodder to make fun of both teams.

South Carolina fans think they win in spite of Spurrier. If he wins 13 more games, he's the all-time leader in wins there.

I would just rag him on the fact that his football team has practically no history, save George Rogers.

I'm from the hell hole called Columbia and have hated them since I was able to cry. Aside from ridiculous academics, my number 1 go to is that WF beat them in the inaugural Gator Bowl. It only took SC about 60 more years to get their first ever bowl win. Oh....and I do love mustard bbq. The one thing that I love about that region of the state.

Fact: USC leads the nation in % of students who die by lethal fall while haivng sex on top of buildings.

They're in the state of South Carolina. Done.

Also, tell them that in 49/50 states, referring to Carolina or USC will give you other results.

Also, tell them that in 49/50 states, referring to Carolina or USC will give you other results.

Actually, I always go out of my way to refer to South Carolina as Carolina since it pisses off the powder blue powder puff fans.

Brownell is a really good coach, much better than Purnell (though Purnell was what Clemson needed at the time). It won't take him 7 years to get snatched away (and it won't be a program like DePaul doing the snatching either).

Back