• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Help Me Destroy Arrogant Gamecock Fan

My girlfriend went to South Carolina and converted me into a big fan. The Gamecocks - athletically - are doing much better than Wake ever has (two national championships, SEC championship).

You need to learn more about Wake's athletics history if you think this is true.

I agree with you on baseball, but hasn't this been said every year since he was hired?

Sort of. He was given a decent offense to build around in 2005 (skill positions, experience, depth), but had no defense. By the time EJ came on board in 2008, however, the offense began regressing, even with top 30 recruiting classes. The defense has carried the team the past 3 years. The biggest detriment to this current team, as well as the football program as a whole, is the lack of OL development. Spurrier hung onto his buddy John Hunt for way too long, and between 3 different OL coaches in 4 years, 5 OL recruits during 2008-2010 stretch, injuries, etc....the scrap heap known as our OL "is what it is" today.

Spurrier's old "fun and gun" Fla plays can't work in a scheme in which the QB has no pocket to sit in and make decisions.

Because I'm from the Carolinas, as are many around here, and anytime anyone says USC in reference to the Gamecocks they are immediately chastised by others for calling it that.

I just figured I'd get in front of it.

Tell him S.Carolina is neither "Carolina" (established in 1801; UNC in 1789), nor are they "USC"... that's Southern Cal, of course. That always riles them up....

They are merely cocks.

Or Scar. Which is what ESPN puts. Makes me happy to see the look on their faces.

Because I'm from the Carolinas, as are many around here, and anytime anyone says USC in reference to the Gamecocks they are immediately chastised by others for calling it that.

I just figured I'd get in front of it.

I'm from the Carolinas too and fuck the southern half of the pairing.

I'm with 2010 on this one

I was born and grew up in Columbia until Middle school. My first football game was at Williams-Brice watching USC beat Navy 31-7 in 1982. USC is about the only non-Wake school I follow. My world isn't shattered when they lose, but I'll pull for them in every game.

I'm with 2010 on this one

I was born and grew up in Columbia until Middle school. My first football game was at Williams-Brice watching USC beat Navy 31-7 in 1982. USC is about the only non-Wake school I follow. My world isn't shattered when they lose, but I'll pull for them in every game.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, your tough start in life, Thunderbolt :)

A kid from my high school class went to South Carolina, and he was not too smart. This has always colored my view of them. Plus, it's the end of the road for most coaches, who are enticed by the booster money to go there. Usually, they are not too successful in Columbia, and their careers end there. But they are well-paid for their trouble.

Chances are he/she is probably a redneck...don't get to specific. It'll just confuse them.

Back