• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Here's an original thought from ESPN NY

No. It makes it a shitty pro sports town. There is a difference.

Also Philly fans are the worst. I've been to 12+ baseball parks and they were by far the worst assholes. Worse than NY, Boston, Chicago, etc. ridiculous.

Worst posters, too.

No. It makes it a shitty pro sports town. There is a difference.

Also Philly fans are the worst. I've been to 12+ baseball parks and they were by far the worst assholes. Worse than NY, Boston, Chicago, etc. ridiculous.

Worse in what ways? Did they make fun of your Bama bangs?

Worse in what ways? Did they make fun of your Bama bangs?

Only place I have ever had an opposing team's fan literally pull his car over, park it, get out, throw a beer bottle at me, get back in, and drive away. And that wasn't an anomally of treatment.

As for the "bama bangs" I've posted on the reveal yourself thread if you care to take a look, page 27 to be exact.

Last edited:
Only place I have ever had an opposing team's fan literally pull his car over, park it, get out, throw a beer bottle at me, get back in, and drive away. And that wasn't an anomally of treatment.

As for the "bama bangs" I've posted on the reveal yourself thread if you care to take a look, page 27 to be exact.

I've been to hundreds of games in Philly. I've been to the Vet. I've been to the Spectrum. I've been to the Palestra. I've thrown snowballs at Jimmy Johnson. The worst fight I saw was a fight in the 700 level of the Vet in a urine soaked bathroom between 2 drunk Eagles fans. I think everyone like to exaggerate a little bit about the craziness of the legendary Philly fan. I mean come on, who hasn't had a bottle chucked at them by a drunken philly fan? You suck if you come back from Philly without one good story about a run in with a maniacal philly fan...

Last edited:
Oh it is definitely exaggerated, but they were still the worst I ahve experienced first hand.

Atlanta is a great, great, great college sports city.

Atlanta is a terrible pro sports city.

I still cannot figure out how people cannot make the distinction.

An Atlanta sports radio host made a good point.

Many northerners are defined by how their sports teams do. We just aren't that way here.

Riiiight, because all those inbred SEC fans don't derive some self-worth from the success of their respective schools.

There's a reason why loonies in the Alabama-Auburn rivalry poison trees.

dont forget the braves went to 21432 straight, or so it seems, pennants or playoffs and still horrible attendance.

This guy sums it up for me, NSFW: language:

At least our two pathetic coordinators showed their true colors and jumped ship before they could get canned. At least we aren't Jax...WTF are they thinking?

If I'm blank I'm making a call to Jonny Gruden at this point. 3 winning seasons in a row and playoffs 3-4 years. You couldn't come into a better situation as a head coach, or especially an offensive mind like Gruden.

After Sunday, I am convinced that we are never going anywhere with Mike Smith. Dude coaches with a clinched B-Hole.

I've heard that the guys don't really like Mike Smith either...

Atlanta is a great, great, great college sports city.

Atlanta is a terrible pro sports city.

I still cannot figure out how people cannot make the distinction.

As long as you mean that Atlanta just in general likes college sports. Because other than Tech, there is no other major college team in Atlanta. UGA is widely supported but it just isn't an Atlanta team. So the measure of college sports' popularity can be measured by TV ratings in Atlanta and I believe those are usually solid numbers. But in terms of game attendance, the only college events in Atlanta, outside of Tech's, are mainly championships, playoffs, or season-opener neutral site games. So people are watching college sports, but to what degree is that the local team(s)?

Back