• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Here's an original thought from ESPN NY

People are ignoring the Hawks? I'm from Atlanta, obviously don't live there anymore, but watching them on TV it seems like their games are pretty well attended.

people dont care about the hawks. barkley was exactly right about the hawks when doing commentary last night, saying he expected the heat to win even without wade and lebron as the hawks are and have always been a soft team. charles was merciless talking shit about them and one of the barry boys on espn also doesnt miss a chance to bash them.

People are ignoring the Hawks? I'm from Atlanta, obviously don't live there anymore, but watching them on TV it seems like their games are pretty well attended.

Anyone who goes is going to watch the other team.

I love Al Horford but I ain't paying 40 bucks to see him play.

Anyone who goes is going to watch the other team.

I love Al Horford but I ain't paying 40 bucks to see him play.

Which is exactly the approach Hawks marketing takes. Last year, the billboards around Philips had Kobe all over them. "Buy Hawks tickets to see the Lakers." Or Heat or Knicks.

If Atlanta is so bad, why have so many people not from here moved here?

An Atlanta sports radio host made a good point.

Many northerners are defined by how their sports teams do. We just aren't that way here.

But many of those are held by brokers and companies, and the Brokers won't sell them less then 2x market. So while every game is a sellout, there is basically no access for avg fan to see the Giants. That is also why the preseason games have attendence of zero
Many of the season tickets are held by brokers and companies, sure. But what follows in your quote is complete bullshit.

I got tickets to the Giants/Cowboys game on stubhub for about $10 over face value a week before the game. Sure, it wasn't the lower bowl, but it's not like there is literally zero access to tickets at all.

No public transportation to Atlanta stadiums?

Marta goes directly to the Dome. It goes directly to Philips Arena. The train doesn't go right to turner field but you can take a Braves shuttle or walk 20 minutes.

It's the exact same distance to walk to FedEx field from the metro in DC.

My point was the reverse. While Marta goes to the dome, it only goes to like 15 other stops, and only about 7 where you wont get shived on the platform. Not convenient for 75% of the metro area.

Meanwhile, Philadelphia had 47,000 people show up to watch the Flyers Alumni game....

Meanwhile, 90k show up to see college football teams practice in the spring all over the South.

:thumbsup:

An Atlanta sports radio host made a good point.

Many northerners are defined by how their sports teams do. We just aren't that way here.

Your first hint that this was a completely idiotic thought should have been that it came from a sports radio host.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, 90k show up to see college football teams practice in the spring all over the South.

:thumbsup:

Seems like you just disproved your own point. People can show up for some meaningless amateur football practice, yet they can't show up for the pros, even when they're consistently good. Seems as good an argument as any that constitutes a shitty sports town.

Seems like you just disproved your own point. People can show up for some meaningless amateur football practice, yet they can't show up for the pros, even when they're consistently good. Seems as good an argument as any that constitutes a shitty sports town.

Huh? How are college sports any more meaningless than pro sports? It'd be easier to argue the opposite.

Unless you're saying that spring games are meaningless, which is true but also true of Flyers alumni game as far as I can tell.

No. It makes it a shitty pro sports town. There is a difference.

Also Philly fans are the worst. I've been to 12+ baseball parks and they were by far the worst assholes. Worse than NY, Boston, Chicago, etc. ridiculous.

Amateur football is pointless but a stupid Alumni game isn't?

Please.

No. It makes it a shitty pro sports town. There is a difference.

Also Philly fans are the worst. I've been to 12+ baseball parks and they were by far the worst assholes. Worse than NY, Boston, Chicago, etc. ridiculous.

In Phillydeac's defense, this argument has also gotten old. Yes we alllll know Philly fans sucks. What else is new?

Back