• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Herman Cain

He's a successful business person. It would be nice to have a president who has actually taken an accounting class.

W was a businessman who had an MBA. How did that turn out?

People said "It'll be nice to have a President who knows how to run a business" when he was elected.

I heard him say once regarding his cancer treatment that he would have died with universal Health Care in place. Can't people in countries with Universal, provided they have the means, purchase private treatment at high-level facilities? he is a millionaire, he can go wherever he wants and receive treatment without waiting. Maybe I misunderstood, but it didn't sound like straight shooting to me

When I lived in England, people could buy private insurance.

W was a businessman who had an MBA. How did that turn out?

People said "It'll be nice to have a President who knows how to run a business" when he was elected.

:D

One has nothing to do with the other. Clinton was a lawyer, Reagan was an actor and SAG president (union boss). Eisenhower was a general....all leaders during prosperous periods.

Last edited:
I really don't know much about the man. What little I know points to somebody who at least understands private sector job creation.

His main experience is in a pizza delivery chain. On the thread you pooh poohed McDonld's hiring people.

If it's true that running a pizza delivery company is relevant. How cna the the jobs created at a similar busines not be relevant?

You can't have it both ways.

Pizza is a reeaaaal tough sell. Must have been a bitch to turn that thing around. :thumbsup:

Also, one could say that Hermain Cain is indirectly responsible for rising obesity rates, diabetes rates, heart disease and cancer rates. Dude is fucking up our national health, which leads to higher health care costs. He's a menace to society, borderline terrorist.....:dancindeac:

I guess that means we should never elect another president who has either run a business or who has an MBA.

You said,

Shorty said:
It would be nice to have a president who has actually taken an accounting class.

I said we had a President who had and who was an actual businessman. And it wasn't that long ago.

I never said we shouldn't elect another President who has run a business, but after the last one turned out, maybe we shouldn't be clamoring to have another so soon, especially to use as the sole selection criteria.

You said,

I said we had a President who had and who was an actual businessman. And it wasn't that long ago.

I never said we shouldn't elect another President who has run a business, but after the last one turned out, maybe we shouldn't be clamoring to have another so soon, especially to use as the sole selection criteria.

The bolded part is simply ridiculous - saying we shouldn't be in a hurry to elect a business person just because Bush was a lousy president. And no one has said the fact that Cain is a successful business person is the sole selection criteria [sic]

That was interesting

:)

Seriously, check him out in last night's Fox News Republican Candidates debate. The Luntz focus group afterwards was overwhelmingly in support of him.

:)

Seriously, check him out in last night's Fox News Republican Candidates debate. The Luntz focus group afterwards was overwhelmingly in support of him.

He has as much chance at the nomination as Dennis Kucinich.

The last time we had a total outsider, who wanted to be an outsider, was Carter. How did that work?

If you don't have any political experience and have no political ties to DC, you won't succeed.

It's a nice pipe dream that an outsider can come in and do that job, but it can't happen.

The last time we had a total outsider, who wanted to be an outsider, was Carter. How did that work?

If you don't have any political experience and have no political ties to DC, you won't succeed.

It's a nice pipe dream that an outsider can come in and do that job, but it can't happen.

???? Carter was in politics for 15+ years before he ran for President.

But he played like an outsider. He had no DC people around him. The GA guys tried act like they could run DC.

Calling Carter a "total outsider" is a bit misleading though. But your larger point remains valid. Cain would probably be better as a Cabinet member than the President.

Carter's biggest weakness was that he acted like an outsider.

Back