• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Herman Cain

W was a businessman who had an MBA. How did that turn out?

People said "It'll be nice to have a President who knows how to run a business" when he was elected.

I don't recall people saying that. Bush's business experience was never touted, perhaps for good reason since he wasn't very successful. His oil business faltered when the oil industry went tits up in the 80s. A lot of smart people lost money then, so that wasn't particularly telling about his business acumen. Apart from that, he bought a share of the Rangers.

I think that people were drawn to Bush more due to his experience as Governor and the fact that he had a personality and Gore did not. His real world experience in the business universe was padding, but pretty thin padding.

I don't recall people saying that. Bush's business experience was never touted, perhaps for good reason since he wasn't very successful. His oil business faltered when the oil industry went tits up in the 80s. A lot of smart people lost money then, so that wasn't particularly telling about his business acumen. Apart from that, he bought a share of the Rangers.

I think that people were drawn to Bush more due to his experience as Governor and the fact that he had a personality and Gore did not. His real world experience in the business universe was padding, but pretty thin padding.

Well, I remember it. They called him the MBA president. Said he'd run the country like you run a business.

Agreed, but, how do you f'up an oil business and an MLB team?

I guess that means we should never elect another president who has either run a business or who has an MBA.

If he is anything like George W. Bush, then absolutely not!

I'll start my requisite Ron Paul thread

http://http://www.theagitator.com/2011/05/06/drug-legalization-gets-republican-cheers/#comments

Sure he's bat shit crazy but to to bring drugs, piece, and gay rights to a south carolina forum is awesome

from try comments.

#3*|* johnl*|* May 6th, 2011 at 6:40 pm
The loudest applause at that event was for Paul, but the Frank Luntz focus group all liked Cain and the horrible Santorum. So either Luntz juiced the focus group or Paul supporters were overrepresented in the crowd. It wasn’t just heroine, Paul got cheers for peace, gay marriage, and prostitution. If those are really mainstream South Carolina GOP issues, I’m moving.

Last edited:
LOL.

Paul brings his minions to everything, he's seriously the less crazy LaRouche of the 21st century.

I don't know how anyone could support Santorum for President.

I mean, he's ok in small doses but I don't want that guy controlling my country.

He could be our first black president. (insert Saneff joke here)

http://http://www.theagitator.com/2011/05/06/drug-legalization-gets-republican-cheers/#comments

Sure he's bat shit crazy but to to bring drugs, piece, and gay rights to a south carolina forum is awesome

from try comments.

#3*|* johnl*|* May 6th, 2011 at 6:40 pm
The loudest applause at that event was for Paul, but the Frank Luntz focus group all liked Cain and the horrible Santorum. So either Luntz juiced the focus group or Paul supporters were overrepresented in the crowd. It wasn’t just heroine, Paul got cheers for peace, gay marriage, and prostitution. If those are really mainstream South Carolina GOP issues, I’m moving.

Frank Luntz has way too much influence in that party.

Frank Luntz has way too much influence in that party.

You know Luntz is a registered democrat right?

He just has a large platform on Fox, so I guess he's got some influence sure.

You know Luntz is a registered democrat right?

He just has a large platform on Fox, so I guess he's got some influence sure.

Ha! Luntz is a registered Democrat. Sounds just like Luntz, registering as a Democrat as a smoke screen. What a tool. He is as close to being a Democrat as Sharpton is to being a Republican. Luntz is evil. His whole schtick is the power of words, and he understands that Joe American ain't that smart. He acts like he respects the people in his focus groups, but he just manipulates them for his desired end.

Ha! Luntz is a registered Democrat. Sounds just like Luntz, registering as a Democrat as a smoke screen. What a tool. He is as close to being a Democrat as Sharpton is to being a Republican. Luntz is evil. His whole schtick is the power of words, and he understands that Joe American ain't that smart. He acts like he respects the people in his focus groups, but he just manipulates them for his desired end.

So you're saying he's a pollster. :werd:

So you're saying he's a pollster. :werd:

No. He's more than that, you know it, but won't admit it. Most pollsters don't make up words to sway opinion like the "clear skies initiative" and "death tax". Most pollsters just do a poll.

This is the most racist thread I've ever read. The liberals automatically hate Cain because hes black, using those hurtful "pizza delivery" stereotypes and so forth. This is just as ugly as the lynching the liberals (unsuccessfully) gave Justice Thomas.

We like obama ans he's black...Michael Steele is much better now than he was.

I always thought the Republican party knee jerk election of token Steele as head of the RNC was among the more subtly racist things in politics lately. It just felt like "hey, the other side just thrashed us with a black guy. Let's see if we can find one of our own and trot him out there to show we're down with the brown as well."

Last edited:
Back