• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hey ACC Refs

What pisses me off is Grobe just takes that shit, he took it with the bad spots the kid out of bounds in the end zone, the missed field goals. The players deserve better

What was he supposed to do? Take off his clothes, go to midfield and squawk like a chicken?

What was he supposed to do? Take off his clothes, go to midfield and squawk like a chicken?

I think you take the podium and wonder aloud "Hey, does anyone know how long a regulation ACC football game is supposed to last?" [pause for the answer] and then ask "I wonder if our friends* in Greensboro know that."

If you don't insist on respect, don't expect it.

* In a tone of voice that says "those gutless prostitutes" more than "friends".

Yesterday was first time that I have seen a crew make call on field! Review and keep call on field, review 2nd time and overturn after they admit they misinterpreted the rule. It was the non safety in fsu game.

Then they ejected Nigel Bradham and legal hit to chest which negated an interception.

In looking at the rules that I could find, it appears that illegal touching is reviewable. But I'm making an assumption because all I've been able to find is that it is reviewable to reverse an illegal touching call when it is made (either than he didn't step out or he was forced out).

Also, are reviews limited to what is requested to be reviewed? I assume not with a booth review. However, that might be the case. Either way, that was a screw job today.

I agree with the points made on the "illegal catch" and the pass interference that should have been called on the Camp play. However, let's not forget the "mystery fumble" that could hae been ruled down and that the zebras took a touchdown off the board before the "illegal catch."

The replay they showed over and over was a couple of frames past where his heel was planted out of bounds. They just showed the point when the receiver is up on his toes.

The mystery fumble was a good call. The ball carrier had the ball ripped out his hands before he was down. The ball never touched the ground. Our guy took it right out of his hands.

What about the punt early in the game when we would have pinned them on the their 1/2 yard line and the ref said the ball crossed the plane of the goal line when it never did? In fact it wasn't even really that close. Im not saying it would have made a difference in the game, but they are out there to get the calls right and they clearly missed this one and others. SMH

I'm not a big conspiracy theorist but I can say in WF's case. There is no way the ACC could want them in the ACC-CG over Clemson. It's sad that it's like that but, it's true. As much as i love cfb, it's the epitome of Greed.

BTW, ACC came out and apologized to FSU last night for the worst officiating job I've ever seen at a cfb game vs. Miami. And the player who was kicked out for making a hard hit, won't be suspended.

I'm not a big conspiracy theorist but I can say in WF's case. There is no way the ACC could want them in the ACC-CG over Clemson. It's sad that it's like that but, it's true. As much as i love cfb, it's the epitome of Greed.

Well I can also confidently say that in FSU's case there is no reason why the ACC would have wanted us to beat FSU ever, and the ACC in all likelihood probably didn't give a shit who won the Miami-FSu game yet all I read and heard from FSU fans after those two games was "conspiracy theory" against the ACC office. Bad reffing is just bad reffing.

Well I can also confidently say that in FSU's case there is no reason why the ACC would have wanted us to beat FSU ever, and the ACC in all likelihood probably didn't give a shit who won the Miami-FSu game yet all I read and heard from FSU fans after those two games was "conspiracy theory" against the ACC office. Bad reffing is just bad reffing.

Well, they can be wrong in their case and it still be independently true. You can fit the completely, annotated anthology of all close calls that have gone against Dook basketball on the back of a fortune cookie.

Further, did you see the GARBAGE, phantom call to try to keep Boise State in that game late? I don't care one way or another about BSU...I really couldn't care less if I tried to force myself...but I fully expected that when the ref's mic came on to announce the call I was going to hear "We are gutless prostitutes, and we've been told to give Boise a do-over. So here goes."

I agree and there was definitely no conspiracy theory as to why there were so many bad calls in the UM-game. It just comes down to the fact that the ACC refs are horrible. That game saturday between fsu and Miami was the single worst officiated game I have ever seen and wouldn't have even been close had that been the case.

We actually had the officials admit on the microphone after 2 reviews that they misinterpreted a rule. How embarrassing is that.

Not to mention they ejected a player for a hard hit that wasn't close to leading with the helmet. That play negated an INT and led Miami to their final td that cut it to 4.

With respect to the WF game, it directly impacted the ACC-CG and was a horrible call just like the the previous week when they jobbed GT vs. Clemson.

Just watched that play on Bradham. How in the world can those referees eject him from the game and not review it to see they were wrong? Crazy thing is, I don't believe that Ron Cherry was at either one of those games. Wonder which two teams he victimized this past weekend?

The Atlantic Coast Conference Office has completed its NCAA mandated review of the play that occurred at 1:58 of the 4th quarter of the Miami @ Florida State game in which Florida State's Nigel Bradham was flagged for "Unsportsmanlike Conduct- Targeting an Opponent."

Nigel Bradham was incorrectly ejected from the FSU-Miami game late in the 4th quarter.
Plays involving unsportsmanlike conduct and player safety have been an increasing point of emphasis within NCAA rules based upon the American Football Coaches Association and NCAA initiatives implemented to reduce the number of concussions.

Rule 9, Section 1, Article 4 of the NCAA Football Rules states: "No player shall target and initiate contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless opponent with the helmet, forearm, elbow or shoulder. When in question, it is a foul." A defenseless opponent includes a receiver whose attention is focused on receiving the ball. If the officials deem a foul flagrant, the offending player must be ejected.

Officials are required to make instantaneous decisions during high-speed game action. The officials ruled that there was question as to whether contact occurred to the head or neck area of Miami's #2 and that the action was against a defenseless player. When there is question as to the specific area of contact, in accordance with NCAA rules which requires officials to err on the side of player safety, Unsportsmanlike Conduct must be called.

Following the required video review by the Conference Office, it has been determined that the contact made by Florida State's Bradham was not to the head or neck of the receiving player nor was it flagrant. The play was a legal hit and no further action will be taken by the Conference Office.

So my question is what if Miami had gotten the onside kick and scored another TD to win the game which would have resulted directly to this error?

The Atlantic Coast Conference Office has completed its NCAA mandated review of the play that occurred at 1:58 of the 4th quarter of the Miami @ Florida State game in which Florida State's Nigel Bradham was flagged for "Unsportsmanlike Conduct- Targeting an Opponent."

Nigel Bradham was incorrectly ejected from the FSU-Miami game late in the 4th quarter.
Plays involving unsportsmanlike conduct and player safety have been an increasing point of emphasis within NCAA rules based upon the American Football Coaches Association and NCAA initiatives implemented to reduce the number of concussions.

Rule 9, Section 1, Article 4 of the NCAA Football Rules states: "No player shall target and initiate contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless opponent with the helmet, forearm, elbow or shoulder. When in question, it is a foul." A defenseless opponent includes a receiver whose attention is focused on receiving the ball. If the officials deem a foul flagrant, the offending player must be ejected.

Officials are required to make instantaneous decisions during high-speed game action. The officials ruled that there was question as to whether contact occurred to the head or neck area of Miami's #2 and that the action was against a defenseless player. When there is question as to the specific area of contact, in accordance with NCAA rules which requires officials to err on the side of player safety, Unsportsmanlike Conduct must be called.

Following the required video review by the Conference Office, it has been determined that the contact made by Florida State's Bradham was not to the head or neck of the receiving player nor was it flagrant. The play was a legal hit and no further action will be taken by the Conference Office.

So my question is what if Miami had gotten the onside kick and scored another TD to win the game which would have resulted directly to this error?

The ACC would shrug their shoulders and say "sorry"?

Maybe just call the ref a name relating to chickens...

images

The no catch call needs an explanation from the ACC office.

The ACC needs to have just a regular dude who takes one final look at any decision following the replay and decides whether it is a ridiculous call. Seriously, that's it. A normal, non-ref person, perhaps not even a football fan, who employs a standard of review that is, "does the replay ref's decision make any sense?"

Back