• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hey ACC Refs

And it continues. FSU declines a penalty to bring up 4th down and the incompetent boobs spot the ball where it had been on the 3rd down play, rather than back at the spot of the result of the 3rd down play (which was a sack for a loss).

Hard to believe they missed that spot. Gave UVA at least 7 yards

Well, at least the guy in the booth got that one right.

Yeah, when announcers on national TV are basically saying that your conference referees are a joke, don't you think someone (Swofford, I'm looking at you) would do something about it?

The schools (ADs?) need to start holding the league accountable. It's really embarrassing to have such incompetence at the ref level.

Hahaha - Pac 12 refs are horrible also. USC WR breaks one way and Barkley throws another, and they call it illegal grounding. It was 100% clear that he was trying to actually complete the pass; it's just that the WR broke in as he threw it to the outside. Herbie and Mushburger are cracking up. "First time I've ever seen a miscommunication called as illegal grounding".

SOMETHING MUST BE DONE about ACC football officiating.

Our game was beyond incompetent. Absolutely pathetic. Stopping our play AFTER the Givens catch was the last straw. I'm not arguing the Givens catch. I am stating they should have stopped our play BEFORE the snap and not half-assed it after the damn play.

Something has to change with our officiating for this league to be taken seriously. Absolutely horrendous.

Another pathetic call in the Oregon/USC game. Luckily their replay official was not under the influence of crack and made the right call to reverse it.

Oh boy - a complete cluster fuck ending in the FSU/UVa game.

USC and Oregon game is getting real good.

Glad the booth reversed that 2-point conversion call.

Oh boy - a complete cluster fuck ending in the FSU/UVa game.

Not a catch and this shit needs to stop. We're at the point where large schools such as FSU simply take over games and force these incompetent clowns into calls.

Not a catch and this shit needs to stop. We're at the point where large schools such as FSU simply take over games and force these incompetent clowns into calls.
Wait. You are saying it is not a catch, yet FSU should not have fought tooth and nail to make sure they ruled it as such? Didn't we all get mad at Grobe for not complaining about the officiating last week? But when Jimbo does it, FSU is 'forcing them into calls.'???

Wait. You are saying it is not a catch, yet FSU should not have fought tooth and nail to make sure they ruled it as such? Didn't we all get mad at Grobe for not complaining about the officiating last week? But when Jimbo does it, FSU is 'forcing them into calls.'???

I stand 100% behind my statement. This MUST stop.

I stand 100% behind my statement. This MUST stop.
You said it was clearly not a catch. They ruled it a catch. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are saying Jimbo should have just taken off his headset and quietly walked into the locker room instead of challenging the call?

Back