• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hey Devin, smoking marijuana

Never thought I could possibly dislike a Wake player more than McFarland but tonight sealed it. This season can't end soon enough

16, 13, and 5.

Bad turnovers for sure. That last one was inexcusable.

Don't want to see the stat lines. Thomas had so many lazy passes tonight (several were bailed out when a Duke player ran into our guy) and he can't make a free throw to save his life

DT postgame

- we gave game away to dook for 2nd time this year
- We missed FT and I missed 3 so I put most of that on myself
- I had a careless to at the end of the game that cost us
- I put 75% of the loss on myself
- I would think we would have learned our lessons now (re to's)
- my job is to encourage the young guys, their future is bright
- good talent coming in next year so Wake fans have a lot to look forward to

Don't want to see the stat lines. Thomas had so many lazy passes tonight (several were bailed out when a Duke player ran into our guy) and he can't make a free throw to save his life

Devin just sucks when it comes to basketball IQ and can only go to his left. Can only shoot from 5 feet and can't make a free throw to save his sorry basketball playing soul. What a couple of sorry turnovers at the end of the game in crunch time.

No senior leadership.

Better days are ahead with the NR stench off the club next season and the 3 frosh nucleus.

Devin just can't get out of his own way. While he hustles and all and looks really good going up & down the court, he just makes bad basketball plays, one after another. Dumb fouls, not finishing on seemingly easy 'and ones', all the bad lazy passes, really bad free throw shooting his entire career. He just gets in his own way from being an All-ACC caliber player and hasn't improved during his 4 year career nor has he looked like he wanted to improve.

Devin just can't get out of his own way. While he hustles and all and looks really good going up & down the court, he just makes bad basketball plays, one after another. Dumb fouls, not finishing on seemingly easy 'and ones', all the bad lazy passes, really bad free throw shooting his entire career. He just gets in his own way from being an All-ACC caliber player and hasn't improved during his 4 year career nor has he looked like he wanted to improve.

I mean he still averaged 16 and 10. That's really damn good in the ACC.

Yes he is frustrating, yes he makes bad passes, yes he lacks basketball IQ, but he absolutely improved. Not sure how you could reasonably look at his four year career and say otherwise.

If I remember correctly, not s single person on that Sensational 7 thread predicted Thomas would be the best player in his class. He ended up being the only good player in his class.

Seriously, I'm sure this is written with 6 years of frustration. Even before this season started people questioned if DT should be on the team because of controlling his emotions. Hasn't improved? that's one thing you can't say.

Frosh 9.1 pts/gm 7.5 rbs
Soph 11.1 7.5
Jr 12.0 8.8
Sr 15.7 10.1

Not sure what a 72% increase in point and 34% increase in rebounds are.

The biggest issue is that DT only got 10 shots a game. BC had 11. Dinos 7, CMM 8, MW 6. The guy that shoots 55% from the field needed 15/gm, I know it's not as easy as that but we took 20 3's a game and we are not good at that as we shot 31.5%. Our guards were guilty of thinking they are good at that and time and time again make a couple and think they can suddenly shoot them and leave DT standing under the basket.

I agree his play has improved each year, in points and rebounds. He is frequently double teamed. He is the 4th leading rebounder in Wake history behind Hemric, Duncan and Chappell. He needs about 26 points to have 1500 points, but unless we win one tournament game, he will likely fall short--the result of too many free throws missed and the 2 game suspension, he would in all likelihood hit 1500 points or more. He has not improved in fts, but he has improved in assists. Some of his tos come from double teams and ill advised attempts at driving through them or careless passes out of double teams. But he hustles down the court. He has played with more self control this year. He also has developed a move and shot with his right hand. He also is one of the few big men who can drive coast to coast after a rebound and score or pass--Aminu and James Johnson could, but DT seems to have more ball control, particularly more than Aminu. The fts have kept him from being a 20+ point scorer and consequently hurt Wake. He is tied for 5th with Gil McGregor for double doubles and is the ACC double double active leader. Some games it seemed he just was not getting enough touches and yes he did miss some drives he should have hit. Against Duke tonight, he matched Chris Paul' 2004 record for a single game leading the team in points, rebounds, steals, blocks and assists. But yes, he missed more fts than he hit and he made some ill advised passes and had 4 tos,but had 5 assists. It is too bad than neither he nor CMM will ever get to play post season. But maybe at least DT has some shot at the NBA if his personal lapse don't hurt him,and maybe he can learn to hit some fts. We had another guy who couldn't shoot fts. Wasn't drafted by the NBA.Been there I think 6 years. Name of Ish Smith.

Some of you need to take a half dozen deep breaths before you post. Devin may have made some dumb decisions of late, and may have played poorly last night, but ignorant? Your least favorite player? Can't wait to get rid of the guy who is by far the best player we have on the court? Please just STFU.

Some of you need to take a half dozen deep breaths before you post. Devin may have made some dumb decisions of late, and may have played poorly last night, but ignorant? Your least favorite player? Can't wait to get rid of the guy who is by far the best player we have on the court? Please just STFU.

Didn't need deep breaths last night or this morning. Devin is ignorant on and off the court. Smoking party bowls doesn't aid him. Makes it worse.

Back