• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hey DV7! Are we at Rock Bottom yet?

Flight lands around noon on the 20th. I think the UNCG game is the 22nd right? Anyone up for meeting up/going to UNCG....HTTD/Awar/Doofus/Cumby/anyone

I'll be up north visiting family, unfortunately. This was basically the only game I was planning on attending, too. Lame.

Rock bottom would be getting dropped from the ACC and having to move on to the Sun Belt. Or worse, we might get rejected by the Sun Belt. Let's not go there...

Give the boot to Wellman and [Redacted] so we don't end up playing in some cuban league.

me too and the steak story... help a bro out and tell us

I know the Steak Story so I can help you out there. Apparently, Bzz and the Nebraska coach are friends/acquaintances. Post game william and mary he says that he is taking the Neb coach out for a Steak Dinner the night before the game. The Nebraska coach shows up, but Bzzz stands him up. When asked about it he says, "No Comment."

I know the Steak Story so I can help you out there. Apparently, Bzz and the Nebraska coach are friends/acquaintances. Post game william and mary he says that he is taking the Neb coach out for a Steak Dinner the night before the game. The Nebraska coach shows up, but Bzzz stands him up. When asked about it he says, "No Comment."

What do you expect? He was busy trying to figure out which day is the most difficult, academically.

Iam sure it slipped his mind

The "Division II roots" thing: During the Nebaska game, the ESPNU announcers were talking about the challenges facing Bz this season... I believe they had just spoken about Tim Miles' career path and mentioned his Division II experience; anyway, there wasn't much to it.... but they compared the challenge of getting Wake back from where we currently are to having success building/rebuilding a Division II school.

I guess that's what comes from 3 consecutive years in the [Redacted] Zone.

What do you expect? He was busy trying to figure out which day is the most difficult, academically.

My tongue in cheek theory is that he asked his friend, the Nebraska coach, to play only certain defenses. (Hey it worked for Rollins.). When he laughed and told Buzz "No", Buzz got mad and punished him by refusing to socialize with him. In Buzz's mind, it wasn't about the steak. It was about punishing that no-account nobody of a coach by denying him the opportunity to bask in the presence of the great Buzz.

That may not be correct, but one thing IS for sure. There's more to the story; otherwise, Buzz would have laughed and related the rest of story at the press conference. Since he said "no comment", you know there's gotta be more to the story. And since Buzz did not want to tell it, I would bet that the "rest of the story" is embarrassing to our crony hire of a coach.

Who knows, the rest of this story may be embarrassing enough to force the administration to end the [Redacted] era. But the story would have to go public for that to happen. Where's "Deep Throat" when you need them...

Last edited:
Jeff [Redacted] faces a tough task this year. He has to try to help a team that was previously coached for two years by Jeff [Redacted].

tumblr_m1dmwqIXku1rq4liyo1_500.gif

Just my opinion but if after another disaster of a season Ron Wellman comes out and says [Redacted] will be back for a 4th season that would feel rock bottomish to me.

Just my opinion but if after another disaster of a season Ron Wellman comes out and says [Redacted] will be back for a 4th season that would feel rock bottomish to me.

This is correct. Current rock-bottom is the "Oh heavens yes" and "couldn't be happier" quotes from Wellman.

The fact that we suck a historically unprecedented amount for any ACC team is not unbelievable; the fact that the brass could support & condone it is.

This is correct. Current rock-bottom is the "Oh heavens yes" and "couldn't be happier" quotes from Wellman.

The fact that we suck a historically unprecedented amount for any ACC team is not unbelievable; the fact that the brass could support & condone it is.

Yes. Rock bottom has to be a floating level since there's always a possibility of a next year for Bzzz.

Yes. Rock bottom has to be a floating level since there's always a possibility of a next year for Bzzz.

Rock bottom, by definition, isn't a floating level if things can get worse. That would defeat the idea of rock "bottom".

We aren't there yet, either. It's going to get worse.

Rock bottom, by definition, isn't a floating level if things can get worse. That would defeat the idea of rock "bottom".

We aren't there yet, either. It's going to get worse.

I suppose rock bottom has to be when the NCAA relaxes the Valvano rule and Bzzz is named lifetime coach/AD.

I suppose rock bottom has to be when the NCAA relaxes the Valvano rule and Bzzz is named lifetime coach/AD.

No, because then things would get worse.

Rock Bottom happens right when things are so terrible that you realize you have to turn it around or you are going to die.

DON'T YOU WATCH INTERVENTION!?!?!

Wasn't there a steak story from Bz's first year that was used to justify the culture change remarks? Something about how the players were taken out to dinner and they tore at pieces of steak with their fingers, not using forks and knives.

Wasn't there a steak story from Bz's first year that was used to justify the culture change remarks? Something about how the players were taken out to dinner and they tore at pieces of steak with their fingers, not using forks and knives.

Yeah, at Ryan's.

And it was apparently Ari.

I'm convinced that Ari was just fucking with [Redacted]. I cannot fathom people eating steak with their hands unless just messing with somebody else.

What is it with Bzz and steak?

I think it stems from his childhood. [Redacted] was so dull and boring that the family dog refused to even entertain the idea of playing with him....

... until [Redacted]'s dad stapled a steak to his neck. Then good times were had by all.

Back