• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Highest median household income ever ($59,039) in 2016

Congrats to Trump for making this happen in less than two months in office!

In 20 years its only gone up just under 5k?

2300-censusincome0912-800x632.jpg

that sucks ass. The shit never trickled

Actually in about 8 years.

So median income is higher than it was 18 years ago.

How do they do that with all the bigotry holding them back?

JMHD, got any ideas on this?

A lot of Asians work in research, in academia and the like. they are around other like minded intelligent and worldly people.

see GOP, education pays. learn and grow

A lot of Asians work in research, in academia and the like. they are around other like minded intelligent and worldly people.

see GOP, education pays. learn and grow

So they are just naturally more educated? Our educational system has nothing to do with it?

So they are just naturally more educated? Our educational system has nothing to do with it?

no, our educational system has nothing to do with it. their family dynamics is much more strict and stresses education.

Last edited:

Asian culture, much like Jewish culture, stresses academic achievement. Add to this, that many of their parents came to America as professionals, with high academic achievement, and the overall numbers will go up.

no, our educational system has nothing to do with it. their family dynamics is much more strict and stresses education.

Culture, then?

We need to spread some of that around. Can we somehow mandate that with a good law?

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/11/opinion/sunday/the-asian-advantage.html?mcubz=0

"It’s no secret that Asian-Americans are disproportionately stars in American schools, and even in American society as a whole. Census data show that Americans of Asian heritage earn more than other groups, including whites. Asian-Americans also have higher educational attainment than any other group."

"A new scholarly book, “The Asian American Achievement Paradox,” by Jennifer Lee and Min Zhou, notes that Asian-American immigrants in recent decades have started with one advantage: They are highly educated, more so even than the average American. These immigrants are disproportionately doctors, research scientists and other highly educated professionals."

Culture, then?

We need to spread some of that around. Can we somehow mandate that with a good law?

step #1 - get this anti-education administration out of the white house.

once we do step #1, we can move forward.

step #1 - get this anti-education administration out of the white house.

once we do step #1, we can move forward.

I was not aware that was one of Trump's policies, but I guess we will have to wait 8 years. Good to know that it can be done.

Maybe we can force Asians to relocate into minority neighborhoods to be role models.

I am suddenly hopeful.

I was not aware that was one of Trump's policies, but I guess we will have to wait 8 years. Good to know that it can be done.

Maybe we can force Asians to relocate into minority neighborhoods to be role models.

I am suddenly hopeful.

1. Education Secretary Betsy DeVos - unqualified for the position (even said as much to Senate by saying she would not be getting the job if her family did not give 200 million to GOP)

2. Trump trying to cut 14% out of the education budget.

3. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Scott Pruitt - POS (http://www.factcheck.org/2016/12/facts-trumps-epa-nominee/). It’s often said that of all the published scientific research on climate change, 97% of the papers conclude that global warming is real, problematic for the planet, and has been exacerbated by human activity...this brainiac is part of the 3%, and some of his other crap is ridiculous.

i can't even continue...they want to dumb down America and Trump followers are ok with it.

oh yeah...

cutting 22% of NIH funding for research.

National Science Foundation (NSF) would be cut by about 11%

cut government funding for the US Food and Drug Administration by 31%

etc...

Last edited:
Back