• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Highest median household income ever ($59,039) in 2016

That wasn't the point. The point was a higher percentage of black people live in poverty than percentage of white people and so the fact that "there are millions of white people on welfare now" is irrelevant in this discussion because the issue isn't whether or not poverty impacts people of all races (which of course it does - just to varying degrees)

This is a very weird way to argue against the idea that history matters to the present.

I don't think anyone would disagree that history matters to the present. I think the issue is whether it rises to be a valid excuse for the present. Which is similar to what JHMD and W&B are arguing about. Nobody denies that racism exists and is a factor. The question is whether it is a material factor.

What's the difference between an excuse, something that exists, a factor, and a material factor?

I don't think anyone would disagree that history matters to the present. I think the issue is whether it rises to be a valid excuse for the present. Which is similar to what JHMD and W&B are arguing about. Nobody denies that racism exists and is a factor. The question is whether it is a material factor.

Racism is a problem, but it isn't a solution. There are a lot of solutions we could try that would work (I think I have mentioned a few factors that are within the individual control of impacted persons before, but I suppose I could bring them up again in case anyone would like), but apparently the discussion needs to be really, really focused on this one factor. The answer is racism. What was the question, again?

The government cant force people to make "good decisions", (not even considering what their options are), it can only punish them for making bad ones. On top of that, its highly debatable whether or not punishing bad life decisions would have a positive effect on society as whole or not.

What's the difference between an excuse, something that exists, a factor, and a material factor?

You know it when you see it. The Giants got worked by the Cowboys on Sunday because the Oline played like dogshit, which is a material factor. ODB was also out injured, which is probably a factor. ODB's injury is not a valid excuse for the loss.

The government trying to control people's racism isn't a policy just as kids need two parent households isn't a policy.

You know it when you see it. The Giants got worked by the Cowboys on Sunday because the Oline played like dogshit, which is a material factor. ODB was also out injured, which is probably a factor. ODB's injury is not a valid excuse for the loss.

And this post is a poor excuse for an answer to my question.

Yeah individual policy just like racism which means when push comes to shove you can't do shit about an individual's feelings and actions, you can encourage but you can't control.

Yeah individual policy just like racism which means when push comes to shove you can't do shit about an individual's feelings and actions, you can encourage but you can't control.

The best way to defeat racism is to prove it wrong. It doesn't work with Democrats, mind you, but it will work with racism.

Racism is a problem, but it isn't a solution. There are a lot of solutions we could try that would work (I think I have mentioned a few factors that are within the individual control of impacted persons before, but I suppose I could bring them up again in case anyone would like), but apparently the discussion needs to be really, really focused on this one factor. The answer is racism. What was the question, again?

No, you needed 3 pages of denial that racial discrimination is a factor (the conclusion in the article you hastily posted and then dismissed, oddly) before we could get to that point. I hope for your clients' sake you don't litigate in front of juries.

But I am proud of you for finally conceding that racial discrimination in the workforce, police precinct and courtroom, and loan officers office is a factor. Welcome to the real world, it sucks in here a lot but there are some good folks here.

Solutions? We've got plenty. Lots and lots of them. In fact, we've been discussing them for years while you were tuning out the truth and blaming entitlement programs. They, like everything in the real world, cost money. Some of it will be yours. Can you handle that? Like I said, the real world sucks sometimes.

Last edited:
No, you needed 3 pages of denial that racial discrimination is a factor (the conclusion in the article you hastily posted and then dismissed, oddly) before we could get to that point. I hope for your clients' sake you don't litigate in front of juries.

But I am proud of you for finally conceding that racial discrimination in the workforce, police precinct and courtroom, and loan officers office is a factor. Welcome to the real world, it sucks in here a lot but there are some good folks here.

Solutions? We've got plenty. Lots and lots of them. In fact, we've been discussing them for years while you were tuning out the truth and blaming entitlement programs. They, like everything in the real world, cost money. Some of it will be yours. Can you handle that? Like I said, the real world sucks sometimes.
I litigate in front of your Mom.
As to the rest of your post, I have no idea who you think you are arguing with. Bizarre, but as always, self-congratulatory.

Last edited:
There is no doubt that we as a society can help people in the short term. What do we do for them in the long-term? New month = new card...forever (even when we know there is a better way, empirically)?

Seinfeld solved this problem 20 years ago. Its the romance of the handsome cab, without the guilt or dander of the equine. I got on one in Charleston 2 weeks ago. Bro made like $30 in 15 minutes.

Dude, we get it. You think that government assistance is especially demotivational, on a macro statistical level, to black people re: graduation, marriage, sex, and work.

Yours is not even an outrageous theory on its head. What's offensive (to me, a white person) is that you completely dismiss the historical culture and political contexts of black poverty, and all of the real economic barriers that black people face.

You have this consistently aggressive naivete that because black people arent statistically equally successful they must not be equally as hard working or equally as wise decision making, when in reality, their hard work and life decisions occur under unique cultural circumstances, and are measured differently.

There are a good many of black people in this country have embraced a certain culture and way of speaking that is not conducive to obtaining high paying jobs, and yet the most popular guy in any room is the articulate or successful black person. The community should start there. In summary, blame the rap music.

White people and liberals need to stop whining about injustice on message boards and throwing money at the problem and start volunteering, big brothers and big sisters, take these kids without a father and spend some time with them. Maybe its too late for the generation that's already 30, but its not too late for the generation that's 12 years old. We owe reparations, but we can't do it monetarily, can only do it with effort. If I don't have kids, that's what I'll probably end up doing. Heck, if you have kids its probably even a better idea.

When I think of a list of places I need to spend my charitable contributions, the deacon club is wayyyyyy down on the list.

Last edited:
There are a good many of black people in this country have embraced a certain culture and way of speaking that is not conducive to obtaining high paying jobs, and yet the most popular guy in any room is the articulate or successful black person. The community should start there. In summary, blame the rap music.

White people and liberals need to stop whining about injustice on message boards and throwing money at the problem and start volunteering, big brothers and big sisters, take these kids without a father and spend some time with them. Maybe its too late for the generation that's already 30, but its not too late for the generation that's 12 years old. We owe reparations, but we can't do it monetarily, can only do it with effort. If I don't have kids, that's what I'll probably end up doing. Heck, if you have kids its probably even a better idea.

When I think of a list of places I need to spend my charitable contributions, the deacon club is wayyyyyy down on the list.

ITT palma claims rappers aren't popular, articulate, or successful.

ITT palma claims rappers aren't popular, articulate, or successful.

Alright, how about don't aspire to be the one in a million rapper or athlete that makes it. Aspire to be the one in two accountant who does. Seems to be working well for the asian-americans.

Last edited:
Back