• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Highest median household income ever ($59,039) in 2016

ITT: We all state the opinions that we know we have again and argue with those who don't share our opinions.

but ITT, jhmd reveals his true feelings in BKF ooops fashion.

He thinks black people are lazy and shiftless but he knows he can't say that out loud and has hooked his wagon onto schema by which he can blame it on liberal whites having some power over blacks guiding them into entitlements instead of working for the millions of dollars waiting for them out there.

Given that this phenomenon impacts one community at a higher rate proportionally, it is not surprising that a common impact is easiest to observe in communities where it has the highest percentage impact. That's how math works.

The author, and the researchers she cited who used math and data, concluded why it is disproportionate (racial discrimination).

You dismissed that conclusion out of hand as politically motivated.

That being done, you have no one else to blame but white liberals for sponsoring the programs you hold responsible, the heart of your theory. But that theory relies on blacks being intellectually unable to resist the programs (stupid), or not interested in resisting the programs (lazy).

which is it?

Last edited:
The author, and the researchers she cited who used math and data, concluded why it is disproportionate (racial discrimination).

You dismissed that conclusion out of hand as politically motivated.

That being done, you have no one else to blame but white liberals for sponsoring the programs you hold responsible, the heart of your theory. But that theory relies on blacks being too hapless to resist the programs (stupid), or not interested in resisting the programs (lazy).

which is it?

Neither of self-serving your fantasies is true. If you guys were as keen as you believe, you probably wouldn't have pissed away your political relevance, but I've long since parted ways with the hope that you'd actually learn from your failures. I'm content to make the best of the dirty diaper you're wearing and refuse to take off.

We don't disagree on what happened. We all know the history, and we generally agree on what is presently happening. Our dispute is what is the best course forward.

answer the question, counselor.

Why don't the blacks tell the white liberals to fuck off with their handouts and go earn the same as whites in the workplace? Are they too stupid to see that path, or too lazy? It can only be one of the two for your theory to make sense.

grow a sack

Convincing poor whites to point their angst at race rather than socio-economic status was the greatest dividend of a conservative movement during Reconstruction through Jim Crow.

answer the question, counselor.

Why don't the blacks tell the white liberals to fuck off with their handouts and go earn the same as whites in the workplace? Are they too stupid to see that path, or too lazy? It can only be one of the two for your theory to make sense.

grow a sack

Nobody gives away free money. Nobody. That's a human trait. It's not a phenomenon that varies by race. This is not hard. Maybe if you went for a walk and started a gentle exercise regimen you'd let go of some of the anger you're sure you don't have, and we could move this discussion forward.

To be fair, I don't think I've ever heard anyone use the fact that there were millions of white Confederate sharecroppers 150 years ago as an excuse for why there are millions of white people on welfare now.

Ah yes again 2&2 will come face to face with statistics and ignore them. This one is just your classic raw number v. percentage debate.

Nobody gives away free money. Nobody. That's a human trait. It's not a phenomenon that varies by race. This is not hard. Maybe if you went for a walk and started a gentle exercise regimen you'd let go of some of the anger you're sure you don't have, and we could move this discussion forward.

You chose to work instead of take a handout, didn't you? Why?

Since black people are more likely to live in poverty, more likely be arrested on drug charges (while using drugs at roughly the same rate as white people, if not at a lower rate - depending on which studies you look at and believe), and less likely to have upward mobility when controlling for literally every thing except race then why is this occurring at a statistically significant rate?

Since black people are more likely to live in poverty, more likely be arrested on drug charges (while using drugs at roughly the same rate as white people, if not at a lower rate - depending on which studies you look at and believe), and less likely to have upward mobility when controlling for literally every thing except race then why is this occurring at a statistically significant rate?

Racism.

I hope you are being honest in that response, jhmd.

I had posted that:

for some reason there is a compulsion among conservatives to deny racial discrimination still exists, and that the hundreds of years of oppression that the USA put on blacks has no economic repercussions today.

I don;t think they are racists. I just don't think they want to look the truth in the face. denial is easier

Ah yes again 2&2 will come face to face with statistics and ignore them. This one is just your classic raw number v. percentage debate.

Ah yes, the Tribble Warrior tries to discuss math. Always a fun exercise.

Per the sources below:
In the early 1930s, there were 5.5 million white tenants, sharecroppers, and mixed cropping/laborers in the United States. There are currently 6.2 million white people on the government safety net.
In the early 1930s, there were 3 million black tenants, sharecroppers, and mixed cropping/laborers in the United States. There are currently 2.8 million black people on the government safety net.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-working-class-whites/?utm_term=.309c75dfda5b
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharecropping#United_States

I know I should question my Calloway number bias, but I'm pretty sure those stats (and even the percentages derived therefrom) indicate that history has pushed more whites from a horrible lifestyle into current poverty, whereas less blacks are in the poor predicament. Obviously the numbers are relative to the growths in respective populations, but the fact that one went up while the other went down, in the face of overall raw population growth, is telling.

Yet, again, I've never heard those white's past be used as an excuse for their present. But it would seem to be a more appropriate excuse for whites than blacks in this context.

I hope you are being honest in that response, jhmd.

I had posted that:

for some reason there is a compulsion among conservatives to deny racial discrimination still exists, and that the hundreds of years of oppression that the USA put on blacks has no economic repercussions today.

I don;t think they are racists. I just don't think they want to look the truth in the face. denial is easier

Racism is a factor. There are others, but race is clearly one.

The question remains what we do about it.

Ah yes, the Tribble Warrior tries to discuss math. Always a fun exercise.

Per the sources below:
In the early 1930s, there were 5.5 million white tenants, sharecroppers, and mixed cropping/laborers in the United States. There are currently 6.2 million white people on the government safety net.
In the early 1930s, there were 3 million black tenants, sharecroppers, and mixed cropping/laborers in the United States. There are currently 2.8 million black people on the government safety net.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-working-class-whites/?utm_term=.309c75dfda5b
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharecropping#United_States

I know I should question my Calloway number bias, but I'm pretty sure those stats (and even the percentages derived therefrom) indicate that history has pushed more whites from a horrible lifestyle into current poverty, whereas less blacks are in the poor predicament. Obviously the numbers are relative to the growths in respective populations, but the fact that one went up while the other went down, in the face of overall raw population growth, is telling.

Yet, again, I've never heard those white's past be used as an excuse for their present. But it would seem to be a more appropriate excuse for whites than blacks in this context.

This is a very weird way to argue against the idea that history matters to the present.

Back