• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Highest median household income ever ($59,039) in 2016

ITT bkf lets everyone know they don't get an opinion on families because they didn't fuck a high school girl while in college and then marry said girl.

ITT bkf lets everyone know they don't get an opinion on families because they didn't fuck a high school girl while in college and then marry said girl.

The most absurd part of the two parent discussion is the assumption that it's super easy for people to get married. If getting married was easy, dating websites and the like wouldn't be a multibillion dollar industry. And getting married as a single parent is even harder.

I don't hang out on the tunnels a lot, but isn't the best way to promote two parents households sex education and birth control? So those advocating that as a strategy should be on board right?

Back in my day the parents would find a suitable mate and receive a dowry of gold, now society is destroyed

I don't hang out on the tunnels a lot, but isn't the best way to promote two parents households sex education and birth control? So those advocating that as a strategy should be on board right?

Oh yeah 100% for sure

Sure. No issue with that.

I'd be interested in seeing the comparative cost to taxpayers of:

1. Providing a safety net when some percentage of the population inevitably screws up (which happens in every society ever known to man anywhere)

and

2. Pulling the safety net away and not accounting for the inevitable percentage of the population who will screw up.

BKF and JHMD make it sound like if we just take away welfare programs, then there won't be as many people screwing up, and it won't cost America more than it does now. I disagree with these positions, but would be interested in seeing the relative costs of the two.

People in the median income range have "screwed up?"

Who the fuck do people think are providing goods and services to them all day, a bunch of screwups? Everyone who isn't wealthy in America is a screwup?

BKF and jhmd are self-proud snob assholes who think they have lived their lives better than middle-income people for the simple reason that they have more money and a larger margin for error. fuck both of them

People in the median income range have "screwed up?"

Who the fuck do people think are providing goods and services to them all day, a bunch of screwups? Everyone who isn't wealthy in America is a screwup?

BKF and jhmd are self-proud snob assholes who think they have lived their lives better than middle-income people for the simple reason that they have more money and a larger margin for error. fuck both of them

Most the people providing services are screwups, yeah. Half the people I went to HS with didn't go to college, and we were 95% white. Half the population is always gonna be a screwup.

So, as I understand it, this is the situation: When people fuck up in this country it isn't their fault. It is the government's fault for not spending enough of other people's money to stop them from fucking up. How much of other people's money should the government spend to keep people from fucking up their own lives? As nearly as I can tell, that would be about 100% more than any number one wishes to propose. In other words, the government can never spend enough of other people's money to stop people from fucking up their own lives....no matter how much it decides to spend. Take the "War on Poverty", for example. To date, the government has spent $22 trillion of other people's money to solve that problem (that is $22,000,000,000,000 in actual numbers) and the problem is still there.....and, evidently, getting worse now.

What Americans need to know is that people would not fuck up their own lives if the government would just give them more of other people's money. They would then make better life choices and all of their problems would be solved. All you have to do is look at how they have utilized that $22,000,000,000,000 they have already been given to see that. (And if all their problems haven't yet been solved it is only because that $22,000,000,000,000 wasn't enough....not because they didn't do the right things themselves.)

You do not understand it correctly. This is NOT what people on this board are saying. This is what you WANT people on the board to be saying, so you can reply with this bs.

Most the people providing services are screwups, yeah. Half the people I went to HS with didn't go to college, and we were 95% white. Half the population is always gonna be a screwup.

I think the polite term is deplorable.

I think the polite term is deplorable.
Those lazy screw-ups only seem to be good for bussing your tables, delivering your pizza, dying in your stupid fucking wars, and voting to keep your taxes low. But when they need healthcare or help with the groceries? Fuck em, they should have made better choices.

Those lazy screw-ups only seem to be good for bussing your tables, delivering your pizza, dying in your stupid fucking wars, and voting to keep your taxes low. But when they need healthcare or help with the groceries? Fuck em, they should have made better choices.

We interrupt yet another hysterical lefty circle toss to point out that I believe they are capable of more, and you guys insist we must provide millions of people with their basic needs.
If I were you, I would work hard to obfuscate the bigotry behind your low expectations. Ugly stuff.

Your most honest post yet.

Makes you wonder what person reads something like this and says, "I'm racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic -- you name it" instead of "I feel like government has let me down."

"You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic -- you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people -- now how 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric. Now, some of those folks -- they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America. But the other basket -- and I know this because I see friends from all over America here -- I see friends from Florida and Georgia and South Carolina and Texas -- as well as, you know, New York and California -- but that other basket of people are people who feel that the government has let them down, the economy has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures, and they're just desperate for change. It doesn't really even matter where it comes from. They don't buy everything he says, but he seems to hold out some hope that their lives will be different. They won't wake up and see their jobs disappear, lose a kid to heroine, feel like they're in a dead-end. Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well."

We interrupt yet another hysterical lefty circle toss to point out that I believe they are capable of more, and you guys insist we must provide millions of people with their basic needs.
If I were you, I would work hard to obfuscate the bigotry behind your low expectations. Ugly stuff.

Ya, I don't think that's what's being discussed here.

Advocating spending more of my tax money to energize and empower my countrymen with education and job training, to teach them to fish- as it were - is now bigotry to these clowns. Good lord, man. Someone did a real number on jhmd. Miserable

I do believe the government should ensure that it's citizens most basic needs are met. I didn't realize that was controversial

Back