• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

hillary is a pathological liar

she was not indicted, so it's a political issue

something new might emerge, or if someone normal gets elected, they might reopen the investigation, and she might still be indicted

so, right now it's a political issue, and the election is a bit of a referendum on her character

something new might emerge, or if someone normal gets elected, they might reopen the investigation, and she might still be indicted

so, right now it's a political issue, and the election is a bit of a referendum on her character

A Republican Deputy AG and FBI Director doesn't call for the indictment of a Dem and it's a "political issue".

That's rich.

There is daylight between "not indicted" and "totally vindicated/witchhunt/nothingtoseehere". This shouldn't be such a point of contention.

eta: I swear to Obama I hadn't seen RJ's immediately preceding post before posting. Thanks for living down to the caricature, Karl! Disappointers never disappoint.

I'm not mad at him either way, I don't care whether or not she gets indicted. I just think that he allowed himself to look like a patsy.

If you want to argue they made him stand up and call out Hillary bc Lynn couldnt do it due to the plane meeting then, ok. If you are the director of the FBI, though, sometimes public interest and politics do enter into the equation in high profile investigations, and this one couldnt get any higher.

I will say though, Comey has a 10 year term as director of the FBI if he wants it, meaning that in all likelihood he will be serving under Hillary. So, its also hard to categorize a FBI director who gets on national TV and calls his likely future boss a 'careless, bumbling moron who lies to the public' a patsy.

Last edited:
Seriously, 2&2 and the rest of the right-wing-o-sphere just need to take the W that Comey handed them on a silver platter. they can't help it though, without indignation and fury at government officials they don't have anything to do. It's like that Looney Tunes monster that turns out to be all hair and eyeballs.

Seriously, 2&2 and the rest of the right-wing-o-sphere just need to take the W that Comey handed them on a silver platter. they can't help it though, without indignation and fury at government officials they don't have anything to do. It's like that Looney Tunes monster that turns out to be all hair and eyeballs.

It's not a W for anyone. We're all yuge losers in this when either Hilary or Trump wins.

For which one? You honestly have faith, or even hope, that either one will do a competent job?

either; i think life will go on and we'll have some wins and some losses but it's not like the visigoths are at the gate. we've survived some pretty boneheaded and corrupt (more than Hillary or Trump) presidents

A few points:

1) The Clintons are dirtbag liars. This has been known for what, 3 decades now?
2) With number (1) being true, she still lies less than the other major-party candidate running for President. Yay for being the tallest midget in the race!
3) It sucks, but somebody who wants Trump to lose has to vote for somebody who can beat Trump- Gary Johnson ain't that guy.
4) Folks who are certain there was a cover-up cry wolf at every issue that pops up with either the President or Clinton, so forgive me if your threats fall on deaf ears.

The cankles cunt can't be caught (hilary skates)

This. That press conference is about as bad of a look for Clinton (or any mainstream presidential candidate) as I've seen in recent politics. It is 1000000000000000000x more effective than the millions in tax dollars the pubs spent going nowhere with the Benghazi investigation.

Last edited:
This. That press conference is about as bad of a look for Clinton (or any mainstream presidential candidate) as I've seen in recent politics. It is 1000000000000000000x more effective than the millions in tax dollars the pubs spent going nowhere with the Benghazi investigation.

All that press conference did was say she is an liar and an idiot. Everybody already knew that. Nobody is going to jump up and say holy shit, I just now learned that Hilary Clinton is a liar and an idiot thanks to a middle-of-the-day speech from some dude in a suit who I've never heard of, I'm changing my vote to Trump! This isn't news. Just as Sig said above, anyone who was going to vote for Hilary so as not to vote for Trump is still going to do that, this isn't swaying anyone. An indictment was the only thing that actually could have affected things, since it might cost her the nomination (though we'd still all be yuge losers with the Bernie-Trump battle).

I'm confused. So opinions regarding whether Hillary Clinton should have been indicted should not be deferred to the DOJ because apparently it is unable to make a fair and impartial judgment about whether to indict due to a "conflict of interest." Fair enough. But, if DOJ itself defers to the FBI and its Director who was himself the Deputy AG, that is also unacceptable, because then DOJ isn't doing its job. I suppose that is where we just punt it to the general public to decide by referendum whether to indict.

Actually, isn't that the political side of this? The prosecutor punted back to the law enforcement, who decided not to....prosecute (that still feels weird, but what'evs...)?

Now her arrogance, recklessness and judgment are up to the American voters to consider. I'm guessing the Sanders campaign would have wanted these soundbytes eight weeks ago. I'm sure Trump will squander it, but maybe he decides he wants to step aside and let Romney-Ryan take another run.

RJ, you really don;t think that Hillary's e-mails and corrupt ways are not going to be an issue in this election?

Sure they will. But she'll change her talking point and start saying she never knowingly sent documents marked as classified through her private server.

And all Trump will be able to do is bluster on about something else.

RJ, you really don;t think that Hillary's e-mails and corrupt ways are not going to be an issue in this election?

That's quite different than saying the reason she wasn't indicted was political.

Back