• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hiring Buzz Prediction Thread (2010)

BeachBumDeac chimes in:

"he's a much better coach than Dino. we've got recruiting momentum and now the X's and O's to scheme them. Can't wait for the BZD era."

Did I post on the thread? IIRC, while skeptical of the hire, I honestly thought the guy was going to be some sort of coaching genius, rabbit out of a hat, type guy. It was the only explanation I could come up with for the hire at the time. My opinion changed very quickly after the season started.

Let me clarify here. He was talking ACC wins not total wins.

Thanks for the clarification. Before your post, I was thinking he was predicting 11-13 total wins and saying that it would be an indicator of just how good a coach Bzz was. Either way, :tard:.

No. That's not it. Maybe an expectation that this was going to take a while a la Indiana and Michigan

A dwarf prognosticates:

"...but I think by his second season we'll easily be finishing in the top half of the ACC and maybe even making some bigger noise than that." (empahasis supplied).

--TexasDeac10 (4/13/2010 at 11:05 p.m.)

I was pumped about this hire, no doubt.

I have a good friend who is the SBNation UConn blogger, and he's still convinced that [Redacted] is an awesome coach.

I was pumped about this hire, no doubt.

I have a good friend who is the SBNation UConn blogger, and he's still convinced that [Redacted] is an awesome coach.

At this point anyone who believes such a thing is living in a fantasy world where facts are irrelevant. Look the guy may turn out to be an amazing coach (extremely unlikely obviously) but there are absolute no facts to support the case.

Moon: I think this hire will turn out great.

jamesda3: Just got done watching the presser and he sounds excited and sincere, but I definitely think he will be feeling the pressure to win right away and I hope those nerves don't get to him on the sideline.

DeaconSlim:
I was not in favor of firing Dino...I think it was the wrong move.

I was not and am not a fan of [Redacted] and do not think he is the right move for the program.

I think we will win some games, but no more than we did with Dino or would have with Dino in the next year or two.

I don't think we will come close to the .500 record we had against Duke/UNC under Dino.

I don't think we will win any more games in the postseason than Dino did.

I don't approve of [Redacted] and think we ruined or delayed an opportunity to improve the public image of Wake Forest Basketball.

Last edited:
I thought he would be a good bench coach but reserved the right to lead the lynch mob if he sucked.

At this point anyone who believes such a thing is living in a fantasy world where facts are irrelevant. Look the guy may turn out to be an amazing coach (extremely unlikely obviously) but there are absolute no facts to support the case.

He's not basing it off of Wake Forest. The UConn blogger guy is from Denver, so he's thinking of [Redacted]'s Colorado days.

He's not basing it off of Wake Forest. The UConn blogger guy is from Denver, so he's thinking of [Redacted]'s Colorado days.

So you're friends with Jaybone? And Jaybone is a UCONN blogger? :squint:

Upload it, moonzz.

I do remember that the Nuggets sbnation guy loved Bzz which got a lot of play at the time.

Thank you RJKarl:

"The value of this hire will be seen in the 11/12 season."

Maybe in 11 or 12 seasons when we look back from our place atop the ACC and laugh about the Buzz era. There's value in that.

Out of compassion for a fellow Mod, I will not humiliate Stonz.

Haha, let me have it. I'm curious.

I think it should be pointed out that, if I remember correctly, the thread that you are quoting from happened after [Redacted] was formally hired. At that point, I think a lot of posters whose initial reaction was "WTF" decided to get behind the hire, since they support Wake and trust Wellman. In the original [Redacted] thread (i.e when the rumor leaked a week or so before the hire was official), I think more than 90% of the board was against hiring [Redacted].

Full disclosure: the above does not apply to me at all. I thought [Redacted] would be a good hire as soon as the rumor surfaced. So, there's that.

Haha, let me have it. I'm curious.

I think it should be pointed out that, if I remember correctly, the thread that you are quoting from happened after [Redacted] was formally hired. At that point, I think a lot of posters whose initial reaction was "WTF" decided to get behind the hire, since they support Wake and trust Wellman. In the original [Redacted] thread (i.e when the rumor leaked a week or so before the hire was official), I think more than 90% of the board was against hiring [Redacted].

Full disclosure: the above does not apply to me at all. I thought [Redacted] would be a good hire as soon as the rumor surfaced. So, there's that.

This accurately described me.

Why haven't you emailed me this yet, Moon?!?! Jerkface.

Back