• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hitting the reset button on your life

Jeff Fatt

Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone has done this and if so, how it worked for you. Specifically I am talking about deciding to move to a new place, find a new line of work, etc. Perhaps this is midlife crisis speaking, in which case I'd assume many of you who are younger haven't experienced this, but I'm feeling the desire/need to shake things up a bit and get out of the comfortable but boring routine I have. I don't particularly love where I live, and I definitely don't love my work. It seems so easy to become complacent but that complacency can easily lead to a rut that is not easy to get out of. So if you've done something similar do you now regret it or are you glad you did it? The biggest concern for me is the career part.

i kind of felt like i did it. i quit my last job, and went to hike the AT. before i left, i had no idea what kind of career i wanted to pursue (just knew that the job i was in was miserable and i didn't want to do it anymore), where i wanted to live, etc. options ranged from moving to NH/ME and being a wilderness instructor to being a tutor to going back to school to get an education degree to (what i actually did) putting my accounting degree to good use in a completely different industry than i was in before (which ended up working out).

by the time i came home, i was certain i wanted to live in charlotte (so that part didn't change), so i bought a house (big change for me), got a dog, and got a job i love.

may have been quarter life crisis for me.

I sort of did it. I was working for SSA and decided to go back to school to get my LLM. Moved to Florida for school and ended up staying and getting a new job.

Next month I'm changing cities from the very bottom of the state on the west coast to the very top of the state on the east coast.

i kind of felt like i did it. i quit my last job, and went to hike the AT. before i left, i had no idea what kind of career i wanted to pursue (just knew that the job i was in was miserable and i didn't want to do it anymore), where i wanted to live, etc. options ranged from moving to NH/ME and being a wilderness instructor to being a tutor to going back to school to get an education degree to (what i actually did) putting my accounting degree to good use in a completely different industry than i was in before (which ended up working out).

by the time i came home, i was certain i wanted to live in charlotte (so that part didn't change), so i bought a house (big change for me), got a dog, and got a job i love.

may have been quarter life crisis for me.

this sounds like something I need

I sort of did it. I was working for SSA and decided to go back to school to get my LLM. Moved to Florida for school and ended up staying and getting a new job.

Next month I'm changing cities from the very bottom of the state on the west coast to the very top of the state on the east coast.

Naples to Jax?

we all need a reset!

Last edited:
I would really like to pick up and move to Europe, and if the right opportunity presented itself I likely would.

Biggest change has not been finding a new profession but moving to Europe. My life here is rather different than what it was in the US but things have turned out reasonably well.

I moved from NC to Syracuse when I was in my early 30's without a job. Unless you are a person who can find a job easily, I would suggest getting a job first.

Not sure that counts cav. lawyerin to lawyerin in fl....ummmmm wat

RUBBINS reset the whole damn thing like an old school nintendo

IMG_0728%5B10%5D.jpg

don't put that juju on me just had to hit pause on the us of a after I served uncle sam, stared teh face of the the big corp machine eyeball to eyeball and then ole Mexico came a callin

Last edited:
Back