• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Holiday Family Hot Takes Thread

My family usually get along well and the arguments are minimal. Last year it was pretty quiet since it was the first thanksgiving/christmas since my grandpa and aunt both passed away unexpectedly within a two week span. My now single Uncle has started dating a lady that was friends with my married Uncle, I'm assuming they met through him. Caught word from my mom last week that they've since had a falling out and aren't talking. I've heard it has to do with her making drunk comments about taking his money so should be interesting. My grandma is still pretty depressed as well and wants to hear none of it. Dude is a millionaire and I'm lined up to get his beach house on OIB so I'll be interested in the conversation (does this make me a dick? kinda? I don't want some bimbo taking my inheritance).

Sorry, my moms brothers had the falling out. My uncle that is married set my now single uncle up with one of his friends, the married uncle no longer speaks with either. No idea on the details in between other than the drunk comment about money

That's how I read it, but also seemed like the single uncle and the girlfriend might have had a falling out due to her comments but I guess everyone would probably be happy about that

Would end up having a conversation with catamounts family about ego death

We don't talk politics at Thanksgiving the older members of my family are very conservative Fox News types and my sister is a very liberal MSNBC type. We passively aggressively fight these battles on Facebook where they should be

Not Thanksgiving, but I traveled back to NY last week (don't tell RISC) for a funeral. In grave yard standing around the casket as people were laying roses in silence a distant cousin standing next to me says "So, where are you living nowadays?" "I'm still in Alabama." "Alabama, holy shit, what the fuck is going on with that Roy Moore guy?"

Electing Doug Jones would be a good step toward making Alabama great again.

Round 2 is starting off shaky.

Already have a gay basher and the surprising “She’s just a little too brown for me” comment. Stack of Joel Olsteen books in the corner of th dining room, praying to sweet baby Jesus. This one has brought the heat!!!

I just walked out to chill on the couch and update my boards bros.

Wife’s aunt regarding my neighbors who had to tear up recently poured concrete steps:

“Maybe they had one of those crews out of Mexico who don’t know what they’re doing.”

FIL made a pivot from downplaying Russian interference in the election to suggesting some of Charlie Rose’s accusers might be “jumping on the accusation bandwagon to get paid.”

I'm sure several of you saw Everson Griffen celebrate a sack by highlighting a message written on his undershirt: I just had a baby boy - what should we name him?

Everson-Griffen-name-832x447.png

Immediate response from BIL: "I bet he's not even married to the Mom"

Only real thing of note was something along the lines of "Puerto Ricans - Mexicans - whatever they're all the same"

Did you explain one group is American and the other isn't?

Back