• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Holiday Family Hot Takes Thread

Not a hot take, but my MIL put ice in her glass of Chianti at dinner tonight. I just needed somewhere to post that.

Me “I don’t think people deserve to die because they voted for trump.

Step grandma

“Ohhhhhh I don’t know about that”

"Why doesn't anyone talk about Kasich anymore"

This morning i found a big old dead possum in my parents' neighbor's yard. Eight hours later, it was in my parent's yard, just over the property line. Crazy ass neighbor dragged the carcass in broad daylight into our yard so they wouldn't have to deal with it. That's pretty hilarious. My parents wanted to drag it back over there -- or drop it into the yard of the guy with two big dogs who refuses to pick up his dogs' shit everyday -- but i told them it's better not to get involved with these crazies. If we want through with it I wouldn't be surprised to see that carcass hanging up in their bedroom or something batshit crazy like that.

Ohhhhhh shit just got to the anti vaccine hot takes. Turns out my little cousin is not vaccinated. Hippies....

What does idle+rich mean? My aunt is super hippie, like not hipster hippie, or trendy hippie, but lives off the grid trades people food and redwood for most of her stuff kinda hippie.

Me: “Idk, if Cam is actually healthy again we can beat NO and take the division, the 2 seed is in play”

Grandma from the other table: “oh I could just shoot that boy sometimes. Always acting like a dodo”

Actually got a hard core 60 year old Fox News Uncle to admit that trump wasn’t awesome. But then he says “thank goodness Mike Pence is the best Vice President we’ve ever had”

Not really a hot take but my wife brought up at dinner that we saw a deer cross the neighbor's yard the other morning, and my mom goes "well, we used to see deer every morning in Winston-Salem" which never happened once my entire life in Winston. I just agreed with her.

My parents and uncle are afraid of wifi enabled thermostats and garage door openers because they'll be hacked and spied on. My mother disconnects the wireless router when they're not using it.

My parents and uncle are afraid of wifi enabled thermostats and garage door openers because they'll be hacked and spied on. My mother disconnects the wireless router when they're not using it.
Russia is definitely developing a deep web database of house temperatures

My family was fairly tame. I did hear one good one from one of my best friends. Apparently his uncle doesn't like solar power. Not like he's opposed to the subsidies and tax credits and wants to support coal or anything like that. He just doesn't like solar. We think it has something to do with someone in his small VA country trying to build a solar farm and being distrustful of that or something?

What a weird thing to not like.

If we set up solar panels we will steal the suns power and the world will get cooler

I’ve done some solar power permitting in small town in NC. You wouldn’t believe some of the dumb shit people say.

Back