• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Holiday Family Hot Takes Thread

Learned today that Roy Moore is a political issue rather than a rapey child assault issue.

If we set up solar panels we will steal the suns power and the world will get cooler

Yeah, this same friend heard from someone else in that area who was opposed to a solar farm because she said the land could never be farmed again if it had been used for solar power.

I hope somebody explained to her that anything else farmed there uses solar power too.

We had a politically tame get together. The discussion of politics was limited to a joke about small hands and long ties.

solar can be a yuge scam. There are fellas that sell it as USA stuff but order cheap Chinese crap and get big gov and private contracts to install and make bank and disappear. Man y’all need to be careful.

"I don't know what kind of ethical history he has so I cannot comment on his investigation of the President."

BIL about Mueller. The same guy that praised the hiring of Mueller as a "great non-partisan" pick just a few months ago.

Sweet.

I don’t know where else to put this but when you ride the Polar Express from Branson, MO to the North Pole, there are dinosaurs as part of the Christmas lights display.

My wife and SIL got into a "Fuck You!!" "No fuck YOU!!!" fight over what pizza toppings to order. Once again, I tried to intervene and I'm lucky to be alive.

My wife and SIL got into a "Fuck You!!" "No fuck YOU!!!" fight over what pizza toppings to order. Once again, I tried to intervene and I'm lucky to be alive.

What toppings were the point of contention?

I really like my FIL, but he had a particular grumpy old man take about football. He is a big Alabama fan and after bama Lost, he said that Saban should turn down the opportunity to play in the playoffs if they get picked because they don't deserve it. I clarified, " you mean turn down being 1 of only 4 teams that can win a national championship?" He thought for a moment and then said "yep".

bit late

my godfather called my grandfather a jew because he refused to spend money

right in front of my jewish girlfriend

Two of note:

Uncle used the phrase, "Jew you down."
Aunt mentioned how surprised she was that an Asian family was operating the hot new donut shop in town. "They normally run a different kind of restaurant."

aunt must be dumb. asians do a great job with donuts.

Back