• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Homebrewing Beer

Yeah, I'm definitely thinking about going that route. It took forever to cool down in the sink with ice.

If you get a wort chiller, prepare for it to not take very long.

I'm going to make a Bourbon Barrel Porter and Barack's Honey Brown Ale for Thanksgiving. With my very red family it might be a little TROLLOLOLOLOL to bring the latter.

If you get a wort chiller, prepare for it to not take very long.

I'm going to make a Bourbon Barrel Porter and Barack's Honey Brown Ale for Thanksgiving. With my very red family it might be a little TROLLOLOLOLOL to bring the latter.

Thanks for the advice. My dad bought me a Rogue IPA kit for my birthday, so that will be our next brew.

Speaking of Rogue! I wonder if there's a chocolate stout kit. That's one of my all-time favorites.

My first brew gets bottled this weekend. My new thermometer crapped outand I think I pitched the yeast too hot. Fermentation started a little early, but all should still be good.

Speaking of Rogue! I wonder if there's a chocolate stout kit. That's one of my all-time favorites.

My first brew gets bottled this weekend. My new thermometer crapped outand I think I pitched the yeast too hot. Fermentation started a little early, but all should still be good.

What thermometer do you use? I honestly didn't even know that Rogue made kits. I wish they made a Yellow Snow IPA kit.

What thermometer do you use? I honestly didn't even know that Rogue made kits. I wish they made a Yellow Snow IPA kit.

It was a roast remote probe that obviously wasn't waterproof, unless water boils at 350 degrees at my house.

I need a new one, but can't find one I want. I'd like a remote probe so I can leave it in the pot with the lid on.

We orderEd ingredients for the honey porter. Picking up some honey at the farmers market this weekend.

So that spell of weeklong rain wreaked havoc on my hops plants. I may yield and ounce combined this season. The hops I had on the vines got soggy and started rotting. I've had some new growth, but not very much.

I bottled my first brew last night, a porter I'm planning to take to the Duke game. Feel free to drop by our tailgate and give it a shot!

Got 46.5 bottles from 5 gal, so not too bad.

Time to get serious about this. I've read the first 8 chapters of How to Brew, and I just finished reading this whole thread.

I'm going to Triad Homebrew Supply on Friday to get a kit and start my first brew!

Anyone coming to the Duke game can feel free to drop by my tailgate and try "my first porter."

Duke will be 19 days in bottle. I hope it's enough.

Anyone coming to the Duke game can feel free to drop by my tailgate and try "my first porter."

Duke will be 19 days in bottle. I hope it's enough.

Where do you tailgate?

Gold lot against the trees, usually. If you're serious, pm me and I'll give details.

HTTD, I'll walk over with you.

Once it dries up again, I'm going to pick my hops. I'm estimating I'll get maybe an ounce of each. During the winter, I think I'll dig them up and replant them to see if it'll increase yield.

Back