• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

hot dog toppings

select all that apply

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why hasn't McDonalds ever introduced the Hotdog in their menu? I am sure there are test market areas that have seen it, but it seems like a natural fit. For god’s sake they have tried everything else nationally, but I have never seen a dog served in Greensboro, and if it was, it did not stick around long. Speaking of “stick” how about the McCorndog, they got the grease handy.

Why hasn't McDonalds ever introduced the Hotdog in their menu? I am sure there are test market areas that have seen it, but it seems like a natural fit. For god’s sake they have tried everything else nationally, but I have never seen a dog served in Greensboro, and if it was, it did not stick around long. Speaking of “stick” how about the McCorndog, they got the grease handy.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/28779/truth-about-mchotdogs

In 1977, Kroc wrote an autobiography titled Grinding It Out: The Making of McDonald's, documenting his vision for burgers and fries made quickly, cheaply, and at immense scale. In the book, he notes that McDonald's is always experimenting with new potential additions to the menu, going so far as to explicitly state that "it's entirely possible that one day we'll have pizza [on the menu]." (Pizza was indeed tested, and made the menu of roughly 500 stores before being withdrawn. Per Wikipedia, though, McPizza is still available at three McDonald's locations, one each in Spencer, WV; Orlando, FL; and New Haven, CT.) But Kroc singled out hot dogs as the one food beyond the even the pale of experimentation: "On the other hand, there's damned good reason we should never have hot dogs. There's no telling what's inside a hot dog's skin, and our standard of quality just wouldn't permit that kind of item."

"But Kroc singled out hot dogs as the one food beyond the even the pale of experimentation: "On the other hand, there's damned good reason we should never have hot dogs. There's no telling what's inside a hot dog's skin, and our standard of quality just wouldn't permit that kind of item."

Um. Hello Chicken McNuggets! And they are tasty as fuck! So are hot dogs.

In 1977, Kroc wrote an autobiography titled Grinding It Out: The Making of McDonald's, documenting his vision for burgers and fries made quickly, cheaply, and at immense scale. In the book, he notes that McDonald's is always experimenting with new potential additions to the menu, going so far as to explicitly state that "it's entirely possible that one day we'll have pizza [on the menu]." (Pizza was indeed tested, and made the menu of roughly 500 stores before being withdrawn. Per Wikipedia, though, McPizza is still available at three McDonald's locations, one each in Spencer, WV; Orlando, FL; and New Haven, CT.) But Kroc singled out hot dogs as the one food beyond the even the pale of experimentation: "On the other hand, there's damned good reason we should never have hot dogs. There's no telling what's inside a hot dog's skin, and our standard of quality just wouldn't permit that kind of item."

post-29949-Clay-Davis-SHIT-gif-Imgur-eTgm.gif

I had the pizza at the Orlando McDonald's many, many moons ago. Probably 15-20 years ago.

i'll define terms.

terrible - bad - average - good - great

falls between bad and average. terrible pizza means terrible balance of ingredients, oblong shape, no/just crust, everything burnt.

that image is a bad/average pizza.

i'll define terms.

terrible - bad - average - good - great

falls between bad and average. terrible pizza means terrible balance of ingredients, oblong shape, no/just crust, everything burnt.

that image is a bad/average pizza.

look at that fucking crust

looks like a dude's beer belly

my ranking:
tier1
chili, onion, mustard, cheese
chili, slaw, mustard
kraut, relish, mustard
chicago style

tier 2
kraut, mustard
relish, mustard