• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

hot dog toppings

select all that apply

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BBQ sauce, cheese, and bacon.

If none of those are available, then nothing.

I also don't like my hotdogs on a bun.

Chili man in CLT best hot dogs in USA. Greens is good too if it's still there.

Yes, Greens is still there, I hit it once every 3 weeks or so. 3 dogs all the way (mustard, chili, slaw, onions) with chips and a lemonade. They are actually still going strong in large part due to the baseball stadium next door, as they are open at night on game nights and you can get their superior dogs for $1.50/each or whatever they charge, versus the $4 or so inside.

tumblr_lq6qeoZOPz1qhhz8no1_500.gif

This is definitely not a wistful trip down memory lane - the chili dogs sold at the old WS Memorial Coliseum (at the Wake BBall games) in the late 60's were messy (tissue thin napkins - one to a customer) and toxic to the lower intestinal tract.

there are some situations in which ketchup is acceptable on a hot dog. they are few, but they exist, which is why i checked it (i occasionally dig a bacon, cheese, onion, and ketchup dog, but it's rare)

i would never put ketchup on 90% of my dogs, though

also, obligatory: http://olneyvillenewyorksystem.com/

You people are not from around here. Mustard, Chili, Slaw or maybe when going exotic and at a "yankee hot dog joint" kraut and spicy mustard. At Zacks in Burlington we have a glorious thing called a Cheese Dog. That's a block of cheese with toppings like chili and onions. No real hot dog at all and it's glorious. A combo has a dog and cheese and whatever other toppings you say. I suggest chili and onions on that one.

Ketchup goes on your fries. Never on a Hot Dog.

Zacks is awesome, but the Roast Grill in Raleigh is the best hotdog I've ever had.

Is Kenny still selling dogs on Burke street?

Do people dogging ketchup on a hot dog not use ketchup with their fries?

Only if it's my only option

Yep. I'd rather have hot sauce or Dijon mustard or vinegar or mayo before ketchup.

I bet plama ruins duck fat fries with boring ass ketchup.

Yep. I'd rather have hot sauce or Dijon mustard or vinegar or mayo before ketchup.

I bet plama ruins duck fat fries with boring ass ketchup.

well the best duck fat fries in the world come with 3 different sauces, so WHO IS THE DONK towniedeac or Michael Mina?

and served with three sauces such as smoked onion aioli, yuzu mayonnaise and sour cherry ketchup.

topfries_bourbon.jpg

Last edited:
horseradish sauce is pretty bomb for fries. But if you're doing any sorta fast food fries ketchup really hits the spot. Although I'm guessing we're all organic pasture raised hipsters who wouldn't be caught dead at a fatburger.

I'd still rather have mayo or mustard than ketchup, even with mediocre fries.

My "other" is sauerkraut. Especially cooking the dogs in with the kraut.

my great-grandma made a chopped onion, mayo, ketchup combo that is delish. fuck all y'all

Back