• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

House GOP Votes to Weaken Ethics Committee

the swamp critters are scared

kTYPDF.jpg

I guess he'll be passing the home depot on the way to DC to return that stuff

Haha. He did get the job done this time. I hope he can keep bullying the idiots in his party.

There is the advantage of having someone not beholding to and barely a part of the Republican party being elected as president.

Trump is on a winning streak that would make Charlie Sheen blush.

There is the advantage of having someone not beholding to and barely a part of the Republican party being elected as president.

Trump is on a winning streak that would make Charlie Sheen blush.

I can agree with that. Republicans get in line. Hopefully Democrats will realize that and start working with Trump where there's room for cooperation.

Not saying this will happen.....but if Trump turns out to be an extremely good president it wouldn't be the first time that a person whom almost everyone thought would be a joke of a president turned out to be a very good one.

Almost nobody thought that Harry Truman was up to the job when he took office, either.

I cannot remember a time when an incoming president was less restrained by the wishes of powerful forces within his own party. Trump is accountable, literally, only to the American people.....and I for one think that is a quite refreshing situation. We may finally be able to get something done in Washington.

Not saying this will happen.....but if Trump turns out to be an extremely good president it wouldn't be the first time that a person whom almost everyone thought would be a joke of a president turned out to be a very good one.

Almost nobody thought that Harry Truman was up to the job when he took office, either.

I cannot remember a time when an incoming president was less restrained by the wishes of powerful forces within his own party. Trump is accountable, literally, only to the American people.....and I for one think that is a quite refreshing situation. We may finally be able to get something done in Washington.

so Trump IS going after Clinton, draining the swamp (questionable by giving Exxon and Goldman Sachs positions in cabinet), building a wall that Mexico pays for, banning Muslims, etc..

Isn't this some of what he "promised" to the American people? So you are saying he is accountable for this...he has called it a lot of good rhetoric or sound bites just a few weeks ago. What exactly is he accountable for to the American people in your opinion?

I look forward to this continuing Trump Presidency* strategem:

1) Republicans in Congress propose something incredibly stupid and indefensible
2) Trump says, "good idea, but not time yet"
3) Congress says "Derp, ok, we'll do it later"
4) Trump takes credit for temporarily preserving status quo, rubes rejoice at his accomplishment.

Need to amend 5 because it appears this was dropped in response to angry constituent calls, not Trump's tweet: Trump takes credit for something he didn't do that perserves status quo, rubes like the Bobs and knowell rejoice at his "accomplishment."

so Trump IS going after Clinton, draining the swamp (questionable by giving Exxon and Goldman Sachs positions in cabinet), building a wall that Mexico pays for, banning Muslims, etc..

Isn't this some of what he "promised" to the American people? So you are saying he is accountable for this...he has called it a lot of good rhetoric or sound bites just a few weeks ago. What exactly is he accountable for to the American people in your opinion?

Changing the way government works in Washington. Replacing Obamacare. Securing our borders. Slowing the growth of the Welfare State. Different people have different priorities. And there seems to be some difference of opinion about what "draining the swamp" means to different people.

Don't take everything thing that Trump said literally. Whether you and the other hotshot WF grads on this board want to accept the fact or not, Trump is a lot more intelligent than you are. That's why he is going to be President of the United States in 17 days and all of you "think you know it all nobodies" are posting on a stupid message board.

Changing the way government works in Washington. Replacing Obamacare. Securing our borders. Slowing the growth of the Welfare State. Different people have different priorities. And there seems to be some difference of opinion about what "draining the swamp" means to different people.

Don't take everything thing that Trump said literally. Whether you and the other hotshot WF grads on this board want to accept the fact or not, Trump is a lot more intelligent than you are. That's why he is going to be President of the United States in 17 days and all of you "think you know it all nobodies" are posting on a stupid message board.

Yeah, I am giving him the benefit of the doubt, I also hated Hillary. So I moved on quickly. I am concerned that his agenda is very self-gratifying (I am not exactly sure what his end goal is, so I will leave it that way) and not too interested in helping America or the American people. I also agree that he is probably a bright guy as with a lot of others on this board. I like working on know entities rather than clouds of uncertainty...I will say that he would want to leave office being know as a great President rather than a schlep.

So I have that going for me...which is nice! :)

Pretty sure they did vote to weaken the ethics committee. That actually happened.

There are more important, pressing issues, that concern our citizens, like moving our Israeli embassy to another city...

Gotta give credit (to Trump) where credit is due. But also gotta give credit to all of the people who called their legislators to bitch up a storm. To see people engaged in the process again is a welcoming sight.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.slat...s_prompted_ethics_reversal.html?client=safari

Credit to Trump for what? The only thing he admonished the Republican House for in that tweet was the timing of the move. He agreed that independent ethics watchdog "was unfair".

Credit to Trump for what? The only thing he admonished the Republican House for in that tweet was the timing of the move. He agreed that independent ethics watchdog "was unfair".

Then give him credit for being careful in his words to not be too inflammatory while still getting things done. I.E., things a smart politician does. The business world/congress has seemingly never moved as fast as in responding to a Trump twitter post.

Its hard to argue he's not doing exactly what the people who voted for him wanted him to do. CEO's are promising to reduce costs and keep jobs in America within hours. Congress backtracks within hours. Its amazing, and awesome to watch.

Last edited:
Trump's twitter account is about as deserving of credit as Obama was for winning the Nobel Peace Prize. I mean it's amazing; Trump tweets, things happen, it must be because he tweeted.

Last edited:
Back