• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

House GOP Votes to Weaken Ethics Committee

If Trump tweeted support or nothing, then the rubes would have just added any criticism of this to the "you lost, git over it!" column.

HAHA! Read this post while drinking from my THIS IS FILLED WITH LIBERAL TEARS MUG. TRUMP won THRICE!

HAHA! Read this post while drinking from my THIS IS FILLED WITH LIBERAL TEARS MUG. TRUMP won THRICE!

Just in case people who aren't on twitter don't get the joke, there's a bot that tweets this towards the people who reply to Trump's tweets.

Is Trump capable of doing anything you guys agree with? Clearly you guys don't want the ethics committer gutted, yet when trump tweets a WTH are pubs doing, you can't even get on board with that.

I didn't read it as a "WTH are pubs doing?" I read it as "Ok, but aren't there better things to do?"

Is Trump capable of doing anything you guys agree with? Clearly you guys don't want the ethics committer gutted, yet when trump tweets a WTH are pubs doing, you can't even get on board with that.

You want us to give him credit for a tweet?

Will he get his party to reverse course?

Look at that. DJT bringing the country together to preserve an independent ethics oversight committee, and all in 24 hours!

NOW I'll give Trump credit. He helped pressure his party into not doing a bad thing. Yet.

i'm still not clear on what the pros of this proposal were for the American people

i'm still not clear on what the pros of this proposal were for the American people

It helped change the conversation from Russia interfering in the election in favor of Trump while giving Trump an opportunity to appear to care about corruption. Manufactured crisis.

I look forward to this continuing Trump Presidency* strategem:

1) Republicans in Congress propose something incredibly stupid and indefensible
2) Trump says, "good idea, but not time yet"
3) Congress says "Derp, ok, we'll do it later"
4) Trump takes credit for temporarily preserving status quo, rubes rejoice at his accomplishment.

kQH6cco.gif

what is going on over there...my confidence level continues to drop to ever so lows (trying to keep open mind :eek:hnoes:). the GOP reacted like a bunch of scared, abused dogs (picture Cruz). is Trump going to run his presidency from Twitter (this is like when Trump grabs the newspaper to punish them)?

Back