• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How big are CJ's cojones!!!!

cerrano-marbles-260x202.jpg

I think Ph means that we needed a lot of little extra things to beat a good team like VT, and the last of those little things was a big shot at the end by one of our studs. Which we got.

I think he was taking issue that I said most nights CJ and Travis will be 2 of the best 3 players on the court. Given that they're both Top 3 in scoring and both have a good shot at All-ACC, that's not a stretch. Say 2 of 4 if it makes you feel better.

KidA does a good job clarifying my second part. We got extra things like rebounding and blocks, just improved hustle all around. Those need to happen every game. Two god awful calls in our favor didn't hurt.

Most underrated Deac in recent history

In my 25 years of basketball fandom, I've never seen a player of CJ's caliber (borderline 3-star, 6'3 SG with a solid, but unspectacular first two years) improve this much.

CJ is a workhorse and it pays off. We are truly blessed to have such a great basketball player, worker, and leader at this time and on this team.

Jeff [Redacted] @WFCoachBzdelik
So proud of our guys! They played their hearts out for 40m, never stopped competing or believing.

Jeff [Redacted] @WFCoachBzdelik
So proud of our guys! They played their hearts out for 40m, never stopped competing or believing.

He looked it on the sidelines and on the radio post-game.

If you look at my posts post-Wofford, then you'll see that I'm definitely teetering on the edge of Bzz'out. I could not be prouder of our team today and I think our coach did an excellent job today.

He looked it on the sidelines and on the radio post-game.

If you look at my posts post-Wofford, then you'll see that I'm definitely teetering on the edge of Bzz'out. I could not be prouder of our team today and I think our coach did an excellent job today.

Yea. [Redacted] coached a good game today with the shifting defenses, his substitution patterns, and use of TOs.

I think DC Deac said it best on another thread (I think it was DC): we had better players last year, but this year's team plays better and will win more games as a result.

Yea. [Redacted] coached a good game today with the shifting defenses, his substitution patterns, and use of TOs.

I think DC Deac said it best on another thread (I think it was DC): we had better players last year, but this year's team plays better and will win more games as a result.

I mean, that's coaching, though. I'm wait-and-see for that reason. We still have very, very poor personnel in the post and it shows on a nightly basis. Our guard play, though, is lightyears better both in terms of talent and basketball IQ. I can't see how both of those facets, good and bad, are not representative of our staff's ability to develop talent.

CJ, in particular, was nowhere close to this good last year. He had an unbelievable offseason.

Last edited:
M to the T to the T-A-B, T-A-B-O-R

R to the R to the B-O-R,

M-T-T-A-B-O-R, go Tabor, woo!

CJ is a huge fucking boss.

The guys played within themselves and kept control-way to go Deacs. My prediction of this game was way off.

I mean, that's coaching, though. I'm wait-and-see for that reason. We still have very, very poor personnel in the post and it shows on a nightly basis. Our guard play, though, is lightyears better both in terms of talent and basketball IQ. I can't see how both of those facets, good and bad, are not representative of our staff's ability to develop talent.

CJ, in particular, was nowhere close to this good last year. He had an unbelievable offseason.

All our players in all sports should duplicate what he does in the offseason. Even his freshman year, he came in far better than those who had followed him expected.

All our players in all sports should duplicate what he does in the offseason. Even his freshman year, he came in far better than those who had followed him expected.

That was my point. I've never seen a guy improve as much as CJ. He actualizes the joke that is "5-star heart."

I'd love to see Travis, for instance and especially, make this kind of improvement (not to mention the rest of our team)...

fun basketball today. i've missed that; nice to have it back.

loved the big ole balls on display on a number of occasions.

That was my point. I've never seen a guy improve as much as CJ. He actualizes the joke that is "5-star heart."

I'd love to see Travis, for instance and especially, make this kind of improvement (not to mention the rest of our team)...

I was agreeing with you.

I was agreeing with you.

I think I was further agreeing. Sorry, that was my first in-person game in two years since moving up north and I'm still on an adrenaline rush...

Back