• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How big are CJ's cojones!!!!

glengarry-glen-ross.jpg

The answer to this thread is: Fuckin' Brontosaurus Big. Dragging the ground when he walks, big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA23
Yea. [Redacted] coached a good game today with the shifting defenses, his substitution patterns, and use of TOs.

Originally Posted by Strickland33
I mean, that's coaching, though. I'm wait-and-see for that reason. We still have very, very poor personnel in the post and it shows on a nightly basis. Our guard play, though, is lightyears better both in terms of talent and basketball IQ. I can't see how both of those facets, good and bad, are not representative of our staff's ability to develop talent.

CJ, in particular, was nowhere close to this good last year. He had an unbelievable offseason.
------------------------------------------------------

Agree that guard play is generally much better than last year, although it could hardly have gotten worse. This is despite the fact that TC still has a long way to go in decision-making. He's only a sophomore and lost about 1/2 year of practice to injury so he still could turn into a very nice player.

As to improvement in the post, Travis is better, more consistent. Carson is significantly better, he just came in under-strong and over-matched and still has a ways to go. If you don't think Nikita is better, look at games from last year (if you can stand to) or better yet from his sophomore year at Georgetown (if you can find any since he rarely got off of the bench). Finally, in 3 of Wake's last 4 games Ty has arguably had 3 of the top 4 performances of his career. OK, so that's not saying much in Ty's case, but significant improvement nonetheless.

I don't know how much of this is coaching, but it does give some reason for hope.

clearly CJ was not 100% today. He couldnt finish well. didnt have that explosiveness.

So smooth in the clutch. Great player playing well hurtin

clearly CJ was not 100% today. He couldnt finish well. didnt have that explosiveness.

So smooth in the clutch. Great player playing well hurtin

Yeah, it was obvious that CJ was still suffering from that injury, but great players make great plays when they need to. CJ is, was, and will always be one of my favorite Deacs. Kid has blue chip talent and the heart to go with it.

Any highlights from the game? I was unable to catch the game; picked a hell of a day to go hiking.

In my 25 years of basketball fandom, I've never seen a player of CJ's caliber (borderline 3-star, 6'3 SG with a solid, but unspectacular first two years) improve this much.

CJ is a workhorse and it pays off. We are truly blessed to have such a great basketball player, worker, and leader at this time and on this team.

On our way to the 16-0 start in '09, CJ and Ari showed many flashes. Of course they fell off the face of the earth most of the rest of that doomed season.

I remember posting on DS at some drunken euphoric point of the ascent to #1 that both Ari and CJ would go down as very special Wake players. I may have been half right. If you doubt me, just run a search over there. Oh, wait....

I talked to Randolph after the game today and I told him CJ looked like him out there when he made those last couple threes to win it. He agreed.

On our way to the 16-0 start in '09, CJ and Ari showed many flashes. Of course they fell off the face of the earth most of the rest of that doomed season.

I remember posting on DS at some drunken euphoric point of the ascent to #1 that both Ari and CJ would go down as very special Wake players. I may have been half right. If you doubt me, just run a search over there. Oh, wait....

Well you're wrong because neither CJ nor Ari were on that 16-0 team.

Well you're wrong because neither CJ nor Ari were on that 16-0 team.

Then I'm thinking of Dino's last year. Not sure why I would have confused that in my mind. I don't remember Dino's final year being very euphoric.

Or I have early onset Alzheimer's or alcoholic related dementia.

All possibilities.

Well there's the proof that you just talk out of your ass on a non-stop basis.

CJ hit a wall mid way through ACC play. Ari never showed consistency but he did have some very good games.

I'm also not sure what the point of this incredibly wrong post is.

Then I'm thinking of Dino's last year. Not sure why I would have confused that in my mind. I don't remember Dino's final year being very euphoric.

Or I have early onset Alzheimer's or alcoholic related dementia.

All possibilities.

Definitely Alzheimer's, old man.

Well there's the proof that you just talk out of your ass on a non-stop basis.

CJ hit a wall mid way through ACC play. Ari never showed consistency but he did have some very good games.

I'm also not sure what the point of this incredibly wrong post is.

Just that CJ and Ari showed flashes of great potential in their freshman year.

Back