• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How can Wellman survive?

Bzzz needs to read the writing on the wall and submit his resignation this year -- NOW. Surely he's aware a large majority of the Wake fanbase does not support him. Things are going to be harder next year with CJ gone and better quality opponents added to the ACC. Why drag down his loyal best bud with him?

Wellman tried, bzzz, but it just didn't work out. Bow out gracefully. There's no shame in that. In fact, that would be the most positive thing you could do.

I really thought that Mrs Bzz and the daughter would already have counseled him on the virtues of a resignation by now.

I think Ron may retire next year, so giving bff another year doesn't matter. I could be wrong though, and as I have stated elsewhere, he is just an idiot!

My wife, a long time Heel fan, but doesn't pay much attention to anything outside of Carolina blue asked me this morning if Wellman and [Redacted] were sleeping together.

My wife, a long time Heel fan, but doesn't pay much attention to anything outside of Carolina blue asked me this morning if Wellman and [Redacted] were sleeping together.

Interestingly, posted it already on this thread, but my wife, also a UNC grad, expressed a similar sentiment, asking if [Redacted] and Ronald were really close friends. From the outside, it appears to be the most reasonable explanation.

Just asking -- what happened though between Currie and Frank Martin? Possible red flag there. And I'm not sure most of the college basketball world thinks the hiring of Bruce Weber was an excellent move (I know Illinois fans sure don't). That actually kind of seems like the kind of uninspired hire that Ronald would make. Anyway, not passing opinion on Currie either way, I am not a K-State follower, but from the outside there appear to be some question marks.

I think that is a good observation, and a good reason to raise some flags about Currie. I would also think it would be hard to co-exist Martin. The media viewed Weber as a great hire, and he did lead them to a pretty good season, despite the early NCAAT exit. I am not sure it was uninspired? What makes you say that? I think Currie is 42? So, dealing with some of these successful hires and failures of coaches leaving, can only benefit his experience as an AD going forward......once again being a Deacon alumni would be an immediate upgrade over what we have now in Wellman. Doubtful, he would sit with BZZ for a 4th year and allow "his" Deacons to flounder.

Redeem himself to whom? The fans clearly have no input on the situation, so he doesn't need to redeem himself to us. The fact that he is still here now means that he has the support of the Trustees and Hatch, so he doesn't need to redeem himself to them. The guy, unfortunately, is bulletproof from a job standpoint. I just can't wait for his spin when there is another major conference shuffle and we are jettisoned to the SoCon because of our complete worthlessness. "We really feel that this new league allows us to fully place the necessary importance on culture that Jeff has brought to our program for the past 8 years."

this would be a funny post if it didn't cary an air of possibility to it. That fictional quote sounds eerily real.

Another Tidbit was that there is a clear generational divide between Buzz Inners and Outers. No surprise there I guess. I also got the impression that even if Bzzz doesnt work out young dynamic coaches do not really fit the profile of what our AD looks for in hires for MSD.

He survives because he is Teflon Ron. It's what he does.

And because his personal security detail monitors this board and 'eliminates' potential threats.

Another Tidbit was that there is a clear generational divide between Buzz Inners and Outers. No surprise there I guess. I also got the impression that even if Bzzz doesnt work out young dynamic coaches do not really fit the profile of what our AD looks for in hires for MSD.

Yep. His high profile hires have been coaches around his age group.

As to Moonz' question, just look at [Redacted]'s standings. He's finished in the bottom 4 out of the last 6 years. Near bottom this year. He doesn't know what it's like to be on top.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if we get an announcement from Ron in late December of Early January that Ron is retiring either at the end of next school year or at the end of the fiscal year on June 30th. He'll be 65 by then and that will allow him to go out as Chairman of the NCAA Tournament Selection Committee. Wouldn't be surprised if he's already made this decision and if it factored into the Bz PR tour...

Either way he should be fired...

So the question is, if Wellman retired and we hired a new AD, upon signing his employment contract would the new AD simply get in his car and immediately drive to [Redacted]'s office/house to fire him, or do you think he might wait a day to move into his office so that he can fire [Redacted] there and really break in the office properly?

I'd love the new guy if he actually made bzz's dismissal a condition of his contract.

It'll be framed as retirement whether Wellman is fired or actually retires. Only signals for non-connected folks might be the timing and / or Buzz's fate.

Who is the power bottom in said theoretical coupling?

If Moon is right and Ronald and [Redacted] are having a secret love affair with each other, and their illicit romance somehow became public (perhaps they are videotaped making out in the backseat of [Redacted]'s Prius), where would that story rank on the all-time list of crazy and awesome sports scandals? Actually, to call it a "scandal" is probably unfair, as it has a negative connotation. If Ronald and [Redacted] indeed love each other and have been quietly seeing each other romantically for like 30 years or whenever they first met at Northwestern, that's kind of sweet and also sad. We should celebrate their love and perhaps examine our society and the fact they felt there's something wrong with the feelings they had for each other. It's totally natural.

If he could survive cystic acne as a middle schooler, he can survive anything.

So the question is, if Wellman retired and we hired a new AD, upon signing his employment contract would the new AD simply get in his car and immediately drive to [Redacted]'s office/house to fire him, or do you think he might wait a day to move into his office so that he can fire [Redacted] there and really break in the office properly?

I'm guessing he would insist the new employment contract be placed directly beside the notice of termination. He could use the same pen. Two minutes, two signatures, two decades of new life injected into Wake Forest hoops.

Could put Mr and Mrs Enfield's contract there also and really go for max efficiency.

Back