• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How crazy is Rick Perry?

I don't usually pay much attention to Leonard Pitts, he's kind of a generic Democratic apologist of a columnist. But I thought today's column was a good take on the Perry indictment and putting it into a larger context of some of the problems facing American democracy right now. http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/08/23/4303909/leonard-pitts-jr-courts-no-place.html

For six years, the GOP has been trying to undo the election of 2008; Boehner’s lawsuit is only the latest of their many loopy schemes. Now, if Travis County is any bellwether, at least some Democrats are doing the selfsame thing.

It is behavior that should give all fair-minded Americans pause, regardless of party affiliation, for it illustrates with stark clarity the sheer brokenness of our political system. Flooded with corporate money, gerrymandered beyond any semblance of reason, it limps along prodded by those whose devotion to the “game” far outweighs any devotion they might have to that quaint relic we once called the public good. Now there is this misuse of the courts for political payback, this attempt to criminalize ordinary political activity.

The public should take note. Elections have consequences, folks used to say.

Overturning them does, too.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/08/23/4303909/leonard-pitts-jr-courts-no-place.html#storylink=cpy

How the hell does someone get a B in Freshman phys ed? At any school? I propose a constitutional amendment that if you can't get an A in a class that a UNC player could get an A in, you can't be president of anything.

From what I can tell the case against Perry seems baseless, but he's hired a high-powered team to fight it. I get that you want the best legal representation you can afford, but why would he hire Steve Schmidt to be part of his team?

From what I can tell the case against Perry seems baseless, but he's hired a high-powered team to fight it. I get that you want the best legal representation you can afford, but why would he hire Steve Schmidt to be part of his team?

Don't the charges carry something like a 99 year sentence? I wouldn't fuck around with that either, no matter how baseless I found the charges to be.

Don't the charges carry something like a 99 year sentence? I wouldn't fuck around with that either, no matter how baseless I found the charges to be.

Can't you get like 10 years for a one joint in TX?

Back