• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How long will it take Wake Basketball to be relevant again?

I feel like it may be sooner than people believe with the class we've got coming in... they recruiters have done a hell of a job so far.

Jeff [Redacted] is a much better coach than Dino Gaudio.

Nobody that knows basketball will tell you differently.

There is more to being a basketball coach than being a good X's and O's technician.

And frankly, I think Bzzzz's X's and O's prowess has been overrated. I seriously question whether the system he prefers can be successful on the road and in post-season play.

BTW, Bob Staak had a very good technical understanding of basketball. Was a long time NBA asst after he left Wake.

Sadly, we'll likely never know anything at all about Bzzzz's post-season proficiency. :(

There is more to being a basketball coach than being a good X's and O's technician.

And frankly, I think Bzzzz's X's and O's prowess has been overrated. I seriously question whether the system he prefers can be successful on the road and in post-season play.

BTW, Bob Staak had a very good technical understanding of basketball. Was a long time NBA asst after he left Wake.

+1

Jeff [Redacted] is a much better coach than Dino Gaudio.

Nobody that knows basketball will tell you differently.

I have no doubt that [Redacted] has a better basketball mind than Dino Gaudio, he knows more about the game, I'm sure.
However, I'm not convinced that allows him to teach what he does know to 18-22 year old kids all that well.

Also, your second sentence was quite 'rj'ish. Gross.

I guess you don't think the drinking and fucking coeds had anything to do with Staak's failure at Wake.

Some of the biggest idiots on this board use the "anybody who knows anything about basketball agree with everything I just said" line.

Last edited:
Some of the biggest idiots on this board use the "anybody who knows anything about basketball agree with everything I just said" line.

...and some of the biggest idiots on the board know nothing about basketball... It's funny like that. :thumbsup:

I have no doubt that [Redacted] has a better basketball mind than Dino Gaudio, he knows more about the game, I'm sure.
However, I'm not convinced that allows him to teach what he does know to 18-22 year old kids all that well.

Also, your second sentence was quite 'rj'ish. Gross.

The sad thing was I went back and edited it...smh

I guess you don't think the drinking and fucking coeds had anything to do with Staak's failure at Wake.

I think it's dubious that cheating on your spouse with co-eds is now a standard to get you fired at WFU. It's hypocritical at best that some can reach higher levels within the university after doing so while others would be fired.

Drinking?? I don't know. That might match up to a different standard.

I find myself thinking back to Skip saying "we're going to be good again." :tear: It's just unfathomable how far we have fallen since his death.

I find myself thinking back to Skip saying "we're going to be good again." :tear: It's just unfathomable how far we have fallen since his death.

The glaring point of that is, no matter how highly rated a group of recruits is, you have to have a skilled coach to lead them somewhere. Our incoming class, full of hope and promise, will still play under Bzzz's direction and in his system. We'll see.

Back