• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Many Games Will The Wake Forest Demon Deacons Football Team Win This Season (2023) ?

How Many Games Will The Wake Forest Demon Deacons Football Team Win This Season (2023) ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I do, yes. I think the world of Mitch and have been singing his praises for a while; don't think I'm out of line giving Duke the edge at QB, though.

I look at Duke and think they could be better than a year ago without the record to show for it. The top-end talent is there, though, and depth is good at RB, WR, DT, CB.

But a Thursday night game and we'll have seen both of these teams play 8 games by then ... that's probably a toss-up. I have the VT and Syracuse games as more confident because Wake has better talent than both of them.
The real question though is this: if a Duke team is good but no one is there to see them, did it really happen?

Interesting the amount of respect that NC State is getting here. They had some significant losses off last year's team, and while the games have been close recently, homefield really seems to matter against the Pack. FWIW, WF has a good home record over the past few years. Looking at the analytics, for now, WF is slight favorite over NC State at home, but a dog at Duke; yet, it seems like more people consider @ Duke as the more winnable game.

I expect State to have a pretty top tier defense and a below average offense again. I think Wake, State, and Duke are all in the same tier at large and on a neutral field are largely playing pretty close football games.

I expect State to have a pretty top tier defense and a below average offense again. I think Wake, State, and Duke are all in the same tier at large and on a neutral field are largely playing pretty close football games.
Agree. Given that WF hosts NC State, but plays at Duke, would give WF a slight edge over the Pack, and Duke a slight edge on the Deacs.

Am I unreasonably optimistic that with Mitch being more mobile, the RPO is going to be more effective and better than what we had with Sam while the defense improves in year two under lambert?

Floor 8-4

Elon-W
Vandy-W
ODU-W
GT-W
Clem-L
VT-W
Pitt-W
FSU-W/L
Duke-W
NC State-W
Notre Dame-L
Syracuse-W

Am I unreasonably optimistic that with Mitch being more mobile, the RPO is going to be more effective and better than what we had with Sam while the defense improves in year two under lambert?

Floor 8-4
No but I wouldn't go as far as a 8-4 floor against this tough schedule.

Interesting the amount of respect that NC State is getting here. They had some significant losses off last year's team, and while the games have been close recently, homefield really seems to matter against the Pack. FWIW, WF has a good home record over the past few years. Looking at the analytics, for now, WF is slight favorite over NC State at home, but a dog at Duke; yet, it seems like more people consider @ Duke as the more winnable game.
Brennan Armstrong is reunited with his OC and was pretty great for UVA two years ago.

Which version of Armstrong shows up for State is the huge unknown. He's obviously talented, so last year was weird.

Was at that UVA game. We crushed them, defense played really well and we physically blew them up

I just re-watched the Clemson game and I am STILL pissed about it. I guess I need therapy. We had those bastards absolutely beaten.

Back