• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How many more school shootings before the NRA allows common sense?

Then let’s pay some vets to form coyote death squads instead of mass shootings being the price to pay for coyote population control.

And then the next time a shooting happens with a shotgun (which in all seriousness I would view as being far deadlier in a shooting situation than an AR-15) is used? Ban shotguns?

And then the next time a shooting happens with a shotgun (which in all seriousness I would view as being far deadlier in a shooting situation than an AR-15) is used? Ban shotguns?

How many people would need to be saved by banning a weapon before you’d be ok with the ban?

If a shotgun is far deadlier, why isn’t it being used?

What? There have to be millions of shotguns around the US, and how many have been used in mass shootings?

Shotguns are also much more useful for hunting and home defense. Your post is a really big stretch on a slippery slope.

At the time the Second Amendment was adopted, the most common arm was a flintlock. I support anyone's right to own one of those.

At the time the Second Amendment was adopted, the most common arm was a flintlock. I support anyone's right to own one of those.

Guns probably weren't that important if the founders forgot to put them in the original constitution. Had to go back and revise.

How many people would need to be saved by banning a weapon before you’d be ok with the ban?

If a shotgun is far deadlier, why isn’t it being used?
People doing the shootings don't know anything about guns would be my best guess.
What? There have to be millions of shotguns around the US, and how many have been used in mass shootings?

Shotguns are also much more useful for hunting and home defense. Your post is a really big stretch on a slippery slope.

Let a shotgun be used in a shooting and I will bet the farm people will be calling for a ban on shotguns.

why are people's lives less important than guns?
If you really cared about people's lives then you should be for far stricter traffic laws right?

Guns probably weren't that important if the founders forgot to put them in the original constitution. Had to go back and revise.
So the same with freedom of speech then? Home invasion? Ability to not self incriminate?

People doing the shootings don't know anything about guns would be my best guess.

Let a shotgun be used in a shooting and I will bet the farm people will be calling for a ban on shotguns.

If you really cared about people's lives then you should be for far stricter traffic laws right?

So the same with freedom of speech then? Home invasion? Ability to not self incriminate?

I was being 98% facetious with the second post but I do think it's ridiculous to base our current gun laws on a paragraph that was written hundreds of years ago.

Most of these killers spend a ton of time reading about and thinking about their weapons. If shotguns were better, we’d see them used. They’re a lot cheaper and more accessible.

Also, if shotguns were so much better, don’t you think the US military would be using them more?

Lol, no fucking way a shotgun would be deadlier in these situations. Maybe a high capacity semi auto tactical shotgun could be comparable, but that is still a big stretch and shouldn’t be legal anyways.

Lol, no fucking way a shotgun would be deadlier in these situations. Maybe a high capacity semi auto tactical shotgun could be comparable, but that is still a big stretch and shouldn’t be legal anyways.

It sure as hell wouldn’t have killed many, if any, in Vegas.

How many were killed and injured in Vegas again?

Quesion for the olds, how did the assault rifel ban in the 90s work? Were owners forced to sell them back or were they grandfathered in and new sales prevented?

I think it is fairly disingenuous to compare vehicle related deaths to gun related deaths. I don't really care to speculate on the exact numbers right now (call me lazy), but I can only imagine that folks are using cars much, much, much more than guns. Cars also serve a purpose for the greater good---it gets people where they need to go and is the most used form of travel in the United States. Guns are fun, and quite frankly aren't really even usable for the purpose that folks seems to cling to---protecting against the government. If the government wants you dead then you will be dead, no sense in worrying about using a gun to protect you.

People use guns for fun and they use it to protect themselves in case of a home invasion. I am completely fine with both of those, but when children are dying due to folks simply not wanting to be limited to the guns they can have then that is where I draw the line.

I also don't know why increasing gun control is so independent of mental health improvements across the board. Of course we need to continue to address and work on what we are doing as a society with regards to mental health, but that is going to take years upon years to do. Since know what the majority of these incidents involves (guns), it would seem to me that we want to curb that while we work on a long-term solution.

If President Trump was sincere about the temporary Muslim ban due to terrorism and what's going on (I doubt he was), then there is absolutely no reason why he wouldn't care over the same logic when it comes to guns in America. Until we get it figured out maybe we should limit them in society.

My problem with republicans saying it’s a mental health issue is that they also do nothing to address it.

Ok great it’s a mental health issue, so fix the fucking problem.

Right. Then don’t defund programs that do that. Don’t take back a bill that requires healthcare services to send information on folks who shouldn’t be handing guns to the government.

Back